gel course expensive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi im thinking of doing a foundation course in gel and i phoned nsi(glas) they have a course running from the 19th -3rd dec thats sounds great but its £560 thats including the kit and lamp ,i know nsi trainers are very good as iv done a couple of other courses with them Hollywood toes and tanning,so what im asking is it worth doing and is any other geekbabes or guys done this course ,im just looking for some advice before i jump into anything as it is alot of money to put out on one course thx :hug:

i actually think thats a good price.....is NSI the gel you have decided to use then...?

hey i was querying doing that course too and it is a lot of money but then creative i'v heard is 795?!
So i cant see anywhere having it that much cheaper! and tbh if i found somewhere too cheap i'd be wondering why!:rolleyes:
I know how you feel though :green:

Gel courses are always a bit more expensive than other systems as a UV light is part of the Kit and that alone can cost £150. HTH

can i just say it really shouldn't be based on cost....i know money is money but reputation and quality does come with a price tag...going for the cheapest instead of the best is false economy....cos you will only end up having to pay out again for a decent course cos the cheep one taught you nothing.

can i just say it really shouldn't be based on cost....i know money is money but reputation and quality does come with a price tag...going for the cheapest instead of the best is false economy....cos you will only end up having to pay out again for a decent course cos the cheep one taught you nothing.
very true xx

Hey

I just looked at your profile and it says that you currently use NSI. I think that if you are happy with the quality of product and training that there's nothing to stop you.

Iam due to do my Brisa induction I haven't used gel before but am trained in L&P so it's a induction instead of a foundation. Is your price for a induction or foundation ?

I think for me to convert to Brisa it's round about the £200 mark and that's with a kit. Hth

Sarah x

hey i was querying doing that course too and it is a lot of money but then creative i'v heard is 795?!
So i cant see anywhere having it that much cheaper! and tbh if i found somewhere too cheap i'd be wondering why!:rolleyes:
I know how you feel though :green:
hi i know nsi have a very good name and its not the money its just the paying it out all in one go just so soon to xmas

Iam due to do my Brisa induction I haven't used gel before but am trained in L&P so it's a induction instead of a foundation. Is your price for a induction or foundation ?

I think for me to convert to Brisa it's round about the £200 mark and that's with a kit. Hth

omg is that true? its not full price if you've done l&p??

Hey

I just looked at your profile and it says that you currently use NSI. I think that if you are happy with the quality of product and training that there's nothing to stop you.

Sarah x
hi yes i use nsi attraction at the moment and i do gel toes french overlay ,i just want to be able to do gels right ,and its true that u cant put a price tag on quality,its the fountation course im looking to do :)

can anyone explain what the difference between an induction course and training course?

Hi All

Just thought I would put my 2p worth in.

www.youngnails.co.uk also offer conversion training which is cheaper if you have already completed L&P.

The Young nails training is certificated on successful completion. The kit dose not inc lamp but this can be purchased for £49.00 + vat and inc a bottle of finish gel.

:hug:

Hi All

Just thought I would put my 2p worth in.

www.youngnails.co.uk also offer conversion training which is cheaper if you have already completed L&P.

The Young nails training is certificated on successful completion. The kit dose not inc lamp but this can be purchased for £49.00 + vat and inc a bottle of finish gel.

:hug:
hi would u recommend this course and have u done it ?

you must live in an ideal world then! lol

I couldnt agree more I do not advertise the courses I do but my student come to me through reputation and products.:hug:

Reputation was defiantly a huge factor with me deciding who to do my training with I would never just go for the cheapest and hope for the best.

Money is a big thing but it should never make you compromise your training and for me its a case of saving until I can afford to do it.:hug:

you must live in an ideal world then! lol

hmmm but one without an efile lol :lol: :green: :lol:

We all choose to spend our money in different ways, but I think most people on here will tell you from bitter experience to choose your course wisely as many of us haven't and want to help newbies from making the same mistakes we did.

Also most courses give you enough products to complete a fair number of new sets, so if you charged model rates of £10 -15 when you start it will probably pay for half the course.

can anyone explain what the difference between an induction course and training course?
hi i would think a induction is a basic and it just shows you generally how the course goes , full traing or maybe foundation shows you how to do everything ,please quote me if im wrong :hug:

yes but would you actually charge people when your only practising?

yes but would you actually charge people when your only practising?
hi yes i would has we still have to pay for the products and as sassy says charge the model rates at first ,as i think if they get them for free they might not look after them as much :irked:

Latest posts

Back