Gel cracking/splitting after 24 hours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChromeJunkie

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was hoping you lovely ladies could give me some advice?
My mother-in-law sent me this pic of her friends’ nails that I did Saturday night - apparently, they did this last night. I’m not really sure what’s happened? I prepped as normal (I did 3 other sets that night and no similar issues) and I’ve never had this happen to another set. What causes gel to crack/split in such a way? TIA

Attachments

• BDC02EC1-4C3F-4C29-8886-5D395EE04BC6.jpeg
    BDC02EC1-4C3F-4C29-8886-5D395EE04BC6.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 73
Nibbled I suspect, could be chipping....are you using the correct lamp for your chosen system?

Nibbled I suspect, could be chipping....are you using the correct lamp for your chosen system?
Thanks for the super fast reply! Yes, lamp matches the system. She is a nail biter, so possibly.

High chances of nail biting.

Zips are an offender for this type of damage.
I speak from experience! [emoji849]

Zips are an offender for this type of damage.
I speak from experience! [emoji849]

Zip for thumbs definitely
Ring finger not so much (pointer often)

It might be that the gel polish hadn’t cured the ends properly the signs of this usually show up in
24-48 hrs after
Is your lamp open or closed at the back? (If it’s open it’s possible the fingers went a little too far and the lamp missed the ends)
Or perhaps it wasn’t cured long enough and didn’t set properly
I’ve had this before and it’s very hard to pin point whether it’s something you have done or whether they’ve done something they aren’t telling you

Latest posts

Back