Gel extension help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubyconfusing

Reaction score
Hey Everyone

I've been qualified with Calgel for 18 months now and more than happy with my overlays; However lots of my clients want extensions and I've started to do them on a few friends and myself, I've using tips and the IZ gel and then even tried another brand of tips and an ASP hard gel with different glue...

After a few days they always seem to just pop off on one or two nails and I can't see what I'm doing wrong, should I just give up and stick to overlays?

Thanks for any advice

One or two nails? Did you check your client's lifestyle?

Yeah only ever one or two.... one of the clients was me!! although I guess it was my left hand so probably not my best work :/

What do you think would be doing it lifestyle wise?

Thanks for your reply

Yeah only ever one or two.... one of the clients was me!! although I guess it was my left hand so probably not my best work :/

What do you think would be doing it lifestyle wise?

Thanks for your reply

Popping off issues:

Are you following the system's directions i.e. prep, primer (if required) and application? Are you mixing systems - ideally you shouldn't and will cause breakdown. Are you curing the gel with the recommended lamp?

Lifestyle issues:

Excess force. (Sports, gymnasium, pressing on items with force, using nails as tools, etc)
Being submerged in water for a prolonged period. (Washing without gloves, bathing, swimming, etc) - If you are using glue tips, Cyanoacrylate glue will break down easier when exposed to water. Have you tried sculpts to see if you get the same result?

Hey Everyone

I've been qualified with Calgel for 18 months now and more than happy with my overlays; However lots of my clients want extensions and I've started to do them on a few friends and myself, I've using tips and the IZ gel and then even tried another brand of tips and an ASP hard gel with different glue...

After a few days they always seem to just pop off on one or two nails and I can't see what I'm doing wrong, should I just give up and stick to overlays?

Thanks for any advice
Try Dip Acrylics on the top of the tips?

Latest posts

Back