Gel extension helped needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfecttennails

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I am having trouble getting my gel extensions to stay on my clients :( I was trained with salon services, which I know are crap and am hoping to retrain with Gelish at the end of April, beginning of May. But I have recently done a few sets on new clients and all of them have lost their nails. I don't know why as when I do extensions on my own nails they last a good 2 weeks; I may lose one or two but then I am quite manual and heavy-handed?
One client I did on Monday and she has already lost her thumb nail, one client I did two weeks ago, she hasn't contacted me to say she has lost any, but I saw her earlier on and all of them are off and her natural nails look really bitten, and another one I have text this morning two weeks after her appointment to ask how they are doing and she said all of them have come off and two have split the natural nail and are really painful? I asked her if they came off on their own or whether she had picked them and she said they came off of their own accord but really hurt which doesn't sound like anything I've ever heard of. She did have a heat spike on these nails when the Gel was curing, however she also advised me she had been buying her own gel products on the Internet and doing her own extensions that wouldn't stay on so I'm guessing she has probably damaged her nails slightly. I would question why she didn't contact me as it happened, but obviously I can't accuse her of anything because I don't know. I make sure with all my clients that I confirm if they have any problems or any nails come off, to contact me and I will sort it out straight away for them as I am new to it so not sure why she didn't contact me?

I know that my training has probably been insufficient but unfortunately I don't know really what to do until I can go on the train I don't want to turn away new clients so doing repairs here and there for free? My process is as follows and the products that are used, maybe it's me maybe it's my clients, I don't know??
- Remove the cuticle and shape the free edge.
- Measure and shape the nail tip then apply (either salon services ultraforms or tips from effect beauty.com)
- Cut nails and shape, blend and buff the shine of the tip and then wipe with alcohol spray to take moisture out of them and dust off.
- Apply acidless primer (ASP)
- thin coat of gel to make a base (ASP T3 gel). Cure
- First layer of gel, then cure.
- Second layer of gel and cure.
- Wipe off sticky residue layer.
- File to shape the gel and to seal the edges, wipe off with alcohol to remove dust.
- clear UV gel layer if they want naturals or then proceed to colour application.

I know this may have some people tearing their hair out as it's probably incorrect, but this is how I was taught to apply it. So don't really know what to do now up until my new course either that I'm just can have to pack in the business as I'm not cut out to do it?

Can anyone help? Is it just that some people are not cut out to do it? xx

Hi, do you buff the shine and natural oils off the nail before applying the nail tip? I've only just started learning gel on my course but was told to buff the natural nail first like we do with acrylic X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You need to buff the nail plate, to remove the shine with 180/180 file

As well I been trained to do base layer+ 2 layer+ top gel, never 2 layers in between base and top

As well I been trained to do base layer+ 2 layer+ top gel, never 2 layers in between base and top

Hi Julia,

Could you explain this a little further for me? xx

1) do the nail prep
2 )adhere tip
3) apply bond acid free ,for more complicated customers with acid
4)thin layer of gel( base ge)or builder gel
5) cure
6)apply second coat of builder gel to streghthen apex
7)cure
8) wipe off sticky layer
9)refine surface
10) remove dust, apply finish gel and cure
Done:)
But you really need to go for course if you would like to be a proffessional, and you could learn loads of new things :)
But the nail prep is very very important

Hi, I only have ASP T3 gel which I do thin layer and then two build up layers? Would I get away with one layer?
I did do a course in Feb as stated above but it was rubbish so doing another one at the beginning of May with GHG. The salon services training wasn't brand specific so it may be that the procedure isn't correct for ASP? xx

Personally me I never worker with this brand, I been trained with NSI,and now I'm fully with crystal nails, never had problems:)
I saw this post about your brand http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=196003 maybe will give you more answears...

Latest posts

Back