Gel extension lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessa1980

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just started doing uv gel extensions on client, I've been prep the nail as I learned in my training, but the clients are keep coming back the next day saying their nails are lifting :-( could it be the products I'm using? Also after I apply the gel and cured it the nail doesn't look smooth and it is a bit blotchy if you know what I mean... Any tips from anyone? Xxx

If you list your prep and application details someone may be able to help a bit more x

Oh thank you well I do the following

Push cuticle back
Buff the nail with a file
Buff again with the white block
Apply dehydrator
Choose tip
Glue tip on
Buff the tip to blend it with a file
Apply uv gel
Cure it
Apply second coat
Cure it
Apply third coat
Cure it
Wipe it with finishing off

This is all I do any advice?
Xxx:)

Do you remove all the cuticle from the nail plate as well as pushing the cuticle back? Also I'm not sure what gel you're using but I noticed you're not using a primer? X

what gel are you using?? are you building your upper arch or are you just painting the gel on??

I am using UV gel from salon services, the wholesaler I have here in Cambridge where I live, I don't use a primer as when I've done my training they taught us just to paint the gel on, should I use it? And if so before or after I dehydrate the nail? Should I change the gel? They sell ASP I wonder if that's better or do you advise me on something else that maybe i could find online?
I'm starting getting a bit embarrassed and frustrated when every single client come back to me saying their nail are lifting! :-(

Although salon system and asp both tend to be a bit problematic (from what I've noticed), it could also be your prep. I'm not sure if you were taught to cleanse the nail plate, but that is important in prep to remove dust, debris, and oils that we can't see, but effect product performance such as lifting. Also, although your application involves applying layers upon layers of gel, I'm not sure if this is enough to make the set last. With tips, it's important to build an apex (just as you would with l&p) to reinforce the enhancement (done with builder gel, a thicker gel)to avoid lifting, cracking, chipping, ect. Maybe you should either get in touch with your trainer to troubleshoot, or look to do a conversion course with another company. x

Latest posts

Back