Gel extension nail thickness?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura86

Reaction score
So I wrote a earlier thread in regards to my gel nail extensions keep coming off and was wondering about how much uv gel is efficient? Would anyone be able to share s pic of there uv gel with tips so I can see how much builder gel is sufficient? I have only done 3 sets of gel exstensions but after 2 days some are starting to fall off And I'm wondering wether its down to my stress point?

Hi. I was having the same problem with my gel nails cracking and falling off. I use Naio Soakind gel. I spoke with them. They suggested I needed to build the stress point more. There builder gel isnt very thick. So they said instead of trying to build it up in one go with one cure. To build it in 2 or 3 layers curing in between. Since trying what they said my nails are staying put, with no lifting until I infill. Which is usually about 16 days. Hope this helps.

It really depends on the length of the nails, the longer the extension the thicker the stress point should be.

For extensions that are just past the finger tip, about the thickness of 2 credit cards should do the trick.

For extensions about 1-2cm past the tip of the finger you'll need to build more.

there should be no edge around the parameter of the extension, it should seamlessly blend into the nail , the tips of the extension should be about the thickness of about 1 credit card thickness. There should be a very gradual incline up to the stress point of the nail and then a gradual decline, it shouldn't look like a hump, if you look at natural nail it will already have this shape your are just exaggerating it ever so slightly in the centre

I hope that helps :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much girls I don't think I've been doing the stress point enough and the thickness as the nail looks to straight if that makes sense like flat and not the curve you are talking about X

here's a side view of what I mean , these are liquid and powder but the structure should always be the same :)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1444062313.053370.jpg

Thanks so much mine don't look like that they look much thinner no wonder they always come off

they don't have to be chunky , just slightly thicker at the apex , maybe this is a better pic
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1444064730.797189.jpg

Hi. I was having the same problem with my gel nails cracking and falling off. I use Naio Soakind gel. I spoke with them. They suggested I needed to build the stress point more. There builder gel isnt very thick. So they said instead of trying to build it up in one go with one cure. To build it in 2 or 3 layers curing in between. Since trying what they said my nails are staying put, with no lifting until I infill. Which is usually about 16 days. Hope this helps.
Can you use an LED lamp then with Soakind?

If the nails are falling off, not breaking, then it may be a prep or flooding issue causing lifting.

Advice as all above but also make sure your tip is the correct size, if it's too tight/small it can break or ping off. Also make sure it only covers a small part of the natural nail 1or2mm as its only there to support the your product and offers no strength.

Latest posts

Back