Gel extensions broke off after one week, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmzw

Reaction score
Hi, I put a set of hard gel extensions using forms on my sister. Manicure company ultra builder gel. They broke off after one week. Why would that be? I'm afraid to charge until I can sort this!!!

Hi, I put a set of hard gel extensions using forms on my sister. Manicure company ultra builder gel. They broke off after one week. Why would that be? I'm afraid to charge until I can sort this!!!

What do you mean by broken off? Has the whole nail come off the nail plate or has it snapped in half?

Hi, four of the nails popped off. She said one snapped but that was from force, and then four whole nails popped off when she was doing different things!

It was probably something that happened in the prep. I use The Manicure Company & I don't have any issues once all prep is done correctly. Do you dehydrate the nail &use the bonder?

Yep and it still happened. Although my own nails are still sturdy! But mine weren't as long as the ones I did on my sister.

Yep and it still happened. Although my own nails are still sturdy! But mine weren't as long as the ones I did on my sister.

Where the nails perhaps too long for the natural nail or the lifestyle of your sister?

If they broke within a week then perhaps the apex was incorrectly placed, not enough C curve or there was a weakness in the contact area between the form and the natural nail.
If you mean they lifted and fell off, it is likely due to prep if this happened within just a week. Other factors can apply too, like her nail beds being too short to carry long extensions or her activity level, but if several fell off within a week then I don't think those are likely reasons. I think it would be prep or potentially curing issues if you don't have the lamp recommended by Manicure company. Could also be apex placement, if you placed it either too far towards zone 1 or zone 3, or if the enhancement is too thick. Do you have photos, perhaps someone would be able to see any issues. :)

Latest posts

Back