Gel extensions lifting after only a few days, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

student1518

Reaction score
Hi, the gel extensions I am doing are lifting after about 3-4 days and I don’t understand what I am doing wrong.
This is the process I follow:
-push back cuticles and wipe
- buff
-wipe with prep and clean solution
- apply tip
-blend tip in, buff and wipe clean
-apply dehydrator and primer to natural nail
-apply thin base coat of gellux hard gel
-apply two thicker coats of gellux hard gel
-file/buff
- apply base, colour x2 and top coat

I don’t understand what I am doing wrong.
I have also used “the edge” hard gel and have tried doing a thin base coat and then just one thicker coat but there seems to be the same problem!

Any advice would be so much appreciated! It is really knocking my confidence!
Thank you

im having the exact same problem and all ive really gotten back for reasons behind this is improper nail preporation and or wrong lamp

Is it lifting from tip or from cuticle? Sometimes my hard gel will lift at the cuticle if I don’t get the skin around the nail dehydrated enough. If it’s the tip lifting, it may be the glue you are using or the tip itself. I have gotten tips before that will not work with certain products at all. They pull the product up off of the nail bed instead of holding it down.

Do you have photos to show us? :) What grit file do you use when buffing? Where is your stress apex? How thin are the nail at the cuticle and free edge? Is your C curve deep enough? Are you applying the tip right at the free edge so it takes up no space on the nail? Are the tips correct size?

im having the exact same problem and all ive really gotten back for reasons behind this is improper nail preporation and or wrong lamp
Did you manage to find a nail course you could do in the end? I remember you posting about the problems you were having a few months back x

Hi ladies,

I found that buffing the nail plate with a white buffing block, doesn’t help adhere the primer and gel to the nails. I now use a coarse file to lightly scratch the surface. Now I have no problems. You can find my original post about this, up at the top of the forum, as I’ve just bumped it up x

Latest posts

Back