Gel extensions routine - help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyK

Reaction score
Did my first full set on a human as opposed to my practice hand!) and apparently they have all come away :-( luckily my friend and not a client.

I have built up a really good business so far and don't want to blow it so cd do with some advice.

After researching I bought nsi secrets soak off hard gel system as I wanted a system I did not have to file off and using pro impressions advanced well less tips as I don't have the patience for filing wells on tips.

My procedure was

Dry prep as normal and cuticle work.

Cleanse

Apply and fit tips with glue on rim of top against natural smile line.

Buff tips and nail to remove shine

Cut tip and file into shape.

Apply dehydrator to nail only

Scrub in bonder gel to nail only then cure

Add thin layer of builder gel and cure

Add another layer putting big bead in centre and walking down nail.

Turn hand over for 5 secs

Cure.

If happy with shape file with 180 grit file to refine shape.

Cleanse.

Client wanted colour so I added x 2 coats of gelish colour and then gelish Tio to finish.

If no colour required I would have applied nsi secrets top coat.

What am I doing wrong. I have a gelish led lamp and the gel is meant to be led curable but wondering if I should try my uv lamp?

Any help would be really appreciated :)

Try having a look at the nail angel site. It has specific questions and answers for nsi secrets gel, I've found it very useful x

Do you mind me asking hOw are you getting on with nsi secrets? X

Considering that I don't get chance to use it much as the majority of my clients are for gel polish very well. I had a few problems with it chipping at the free edge at the beginning so now alternate hands as I find it very self levelling xxx

That's good to know. One last question if you don't mind, do you use a primer as well as bonder gel or do you find the bonder gel enough? Thanks very much. Xx

No problem, I just use the bonder gel, but I would defiantly say check out their site tho as it's very helpful for trouble shooting :) also some good videos on soaking off and some nice nail art designs xxx

Have found it, thanks v much for your help [emoji3] xx

That's good to know. One last question if you don't mind, do you use a primer as well as bonder gel or do you find the bonder gel enough? Thanks very much. Xx
I use a different brand but i would put on the prep and then the bonder and the nails seem to last :)

Latest posts

Back