Gel, file and what else?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkle81

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a newly qualified self employed therapist working from home and I am looking at doing a few local craft/Christmas fetes etc to hopefully build my client base.
I am thinking of offering a gel file and paint treatment.
How do I get the same longevity from my gel manicures without doing any cuticle prep?

You won't otherwise there would be no point in us spending all that time doing it.

At things like fairs, you're better off doing normal nail polish and a bit of glitter/simple nail art

Thank you, I'll come up with some ideas for some nail art I think

For fetes you have to be very mindful of potential allergies and of only spending 10-15 mins max with each person.
The chances are that it will be mostly kids wanting their nails done so you want something quick & simple such as 1 coat glitter polish or little festive stickers.
Obviously it's actually the mums you want to attract to build your client base so make sure you give out some 'discount on first treatment' vouchers along with your brochures.

I keep of stock of little stickers from this company:
https://www.nailartuk.co.uk/product-category/nail-art-supplies-by-item/adhesive-nail-art-stickers/

Cheap & cheerful!
Snowflakes are the most popular followed by the little reindeer

That's great thanks for the ideas x

Also how much would you charge per set? I was thinking £5?

Also how much would you charge per set? I was thinking £5?

That's a difficult one to gauge. Depends on the set up - is it a school playground type fete or a charity one, or where people rent a 'table top' and pay a fixed amount to be there and take the profit.

If all the money you earn is going to a charity then you could probably go to about £4 per child (10 nails)
If the money is for yourself then you probably need to be about £3 (10 nails)
Another option would be to put a sign up saying 30p (or whatever per nail). This way you'll get the kids just having one nail done but you'll get lots more mums picking up your info.

These events are more about publicising yourself rather than covering your costs. You give your time for free really.
It can be a cheap way though to get yourself known in a community.
If you were to take a stand at a wedding exhibition for example, they would charge you loads to be there and the visitors don't pay you anything. People expect free samples these days!

Best of luck!

Latest posts

Back