gel fill and manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carolep

Reaction score
I have a client who is a nail biter and she has clear gel overlays. She has now started coming to me once a week for a fill or her nails dont last with her habbit, she is also now having weekly manicures with me. to save time she has her gel fill and manicure on the same day. I was doing the fill first then the manicure, but my question is can I do the manicure with the fill all in one or will the mani products cause the gel to lift?

I wouldn't bother with the manicure... you're doing most of it with the rebalance/infill... the only addition would be the massage and creams.
The only time the mani products would cause the gel to lift is if you do the mani before the gel and don't remove the oils from the nailplate before the overlay.
hth's

I wouldn't bother with the manicure... you're doing most of it with the rebalance/infill... the only addition would be the massage and creams.
The only time the mani products would cause the gel to lift is if you do the mani before the gel and don't remove the oils from the nailplate before the overlay.
hth's

Hi, thank you for your help. So I could start off as per normal removal of polish ect, soak with a fizz ball, cuticle work ect ect ect, do gel and end of with the massage?

I wouldn't do a soak prior to overlay... the natural nail expands when soaked, then shrinks when drying, it'd be better to do the overlay first then do the soak etc, although I don't soak during a manicure.

Latest posts

Back