Gel FX over builder gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toothfairy

Reaction score
I have just used my nail trainer to try an extension with a tip and builder gel, then using Orly Gel FX.
However the colour looks a little patchy and i was wondering if this would be because of the builder gel or my brush tecnique?
Picture to follow cannot upload via phone for some reason.

Sent from my MT15i using SalonGeek

When I do it. I do my builder gel , then cleanse it and buff it to make sure surface is perfect , then do orly gel fx x

Here's the picture attached below.
DSC_0169-1.jpg

How many layers of product is this ? X

3. I was told darker colours may need another layer.

Sent from my MT15i using SalonGeek

Crikey ! Mine never does this. I'm stumped :( x

Did you file the nail to refine the shape?
Or did you apply the colour straight on the dispersion layer?
The colour might have pooled a bit if you had some low spots on the nail, leaving some areas darker and the high spots lighter.
Talk us through your application and we might be able to spot your issue.

Hi Sorry for the delay in replying.

I applied the tip blended the tip using acetone and a file. I then brushed of the dust and cleansed the nail, applied the buider gel removed the tacky layer after curing and the applied the gel fx following the steps for that product.

Would it have been removing the tacky layer before applying gel fx do you think?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

Did you buff the nail and apply a primer/ prep after removing the tacky layer ?

For a start I wouldn't recommend using acetone to blend tips (this can lead to service breakdown), but this isn't the issue on this occasion.

After you have built the nail using the builder gel you need to remove the inhibition layer, then refine the shape with your file. This will create an even structure with no dimples or high points. You then remove dust, cleanse the nail and then proceed with the gelfx.
You don't need to use the gelfx primer.

As you have not refined the shape of the builder gel, the gelfx will pool into the low spots making it darker in some places, and lighter in the high spots.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back