Gel Geeks - what do you use to remove the dispersion layer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemotail

Invisible Geek
Reaction score
I was thinking about this earlier today and though I would ask my fellow geeks.
I have always used Scrubfresh to remove the dispersion layer from Brisa ~ am I wasting money?
Obviously the fab properies of Scrubfresh are wasted on removal of the dispersion layer so should I be using polish remover or even the dreaded acetone?

Thanks KxXx

Hi hun

I always use a gel cleanser - I didn't realise you could use scrubfresh.

I use scrubfresh, for the amount you use it's not that expensive is it? Or am I just extravagant lol....

I use scrubfresh, but a cheaper alternative is LCN's Cleaner solution. But they have (or at least had) a minimum order of £25 and then adding postage it probably won't save you much!

To be honest, I'd rather use scrubfresh. Its one less bottle to carry around with my ever increasing nail supplies :biggrin:!!!!

And it is the inhibition layer not the dispersion layer which is in fact an incorrect term for the sticky unreacted layer left on the top.

I used Perma Nail Anti Bac Gel Wipe....

i only use scubfresh to wipe the inhibition layer off, i have tried others and they don't quite 'clean' all off, so you tend to use more. i know scrubfresh is expensive but you can't beat the quality of this product.

I stand corrected - thanks for clarifying.
What do you use to remove the inhibition layer Geeg?

I dont use gel that often but when i do i use scrubfresh. x

nemotail said:
I stand corrected - thanks for clarifying.
What do you use to remove the inhibition layer Geeg?

I use ScrubFresh love.

I use the nail cleanz recommended by my one of my dist.
Another suggests pure acetone and/or 99% alcohol. Have used that also in a pinch with zero problems.

It all depeneds on the gel brand for one thing. For another, it depends on what you expect the product to do. If only to remove the 'stickiness', or more.

I've been thinking on trying scrubfresh to see what all the hype is about for myself. I know it's VERY popular as you can see from previous posts.
Need to check locally to see who has it.

I use the cleanser from Light Elegance.
Michele

Can you use scrubfresh with any gel then?:cool:

nailaholic said:
Can you use scrubfresh with any gel then?:cool:
Can't see why not!

I use Scrubfresh to remove the inhibition layer (Brisa gel), as Clairet said, it saves carrying round even more bottles in the kitbox.

I would be careful using Scrubfresh on a soak-off gel though as it contains acetone, albeit a small amount.

this is interesting as I always have used LCN Cleaner, will get some Scrubfresh and try it out :green: thanks for the tips girls, as always they are fab.
BTW I use LCN gels which are not soak off so presuming this will be ok???

I have always used scrubfresh, i use it for so many things. its liquid gold though huh?!

scrubfresh works fine with LCN gels hun!

I use ibd cleanser plus or scrubfresh. Did use an opi one also (cannot remember what its called) They all worked on any gel system I use.xx

Latest posts

Back