Gel girls, need recommendations!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SR84

Reaction score
Morning Wise Ones!

I’ve been out of the game for 4 years after having my son and I’m getting ready to start up again.

I want to reinvest in a gel polish system (gave all mine away when I took my career break) I was using Shellac and OPI GelColor back then - are they still the preferred brands?

The industry has come along loads during my break, and I want to make sure I’m investing in the best - buy well, buy once and all that [emoji4]

Ta in advance!

Sinead x

Morning Wise Ones!

I’ve been out of the game for 4 years after having my son and I’m getting ready to start up again.

I want to reinvest in a gel polish system (gave all mine away when I took my career break) I was using Shellac and OPI GelColor back then - are they still the preferred brands?

The industry has come along loads during my break, and I want to make sure I’m investing in the best - buy well, buy once and all that [emoji4]

Ta in advance!

Sinead x

My recommendations....
The GelBottle
Or Halo by pure nails

Xx

Shellac is the classic, still popular for me

Highly recommend Halo

Thanks all, I’ve never even heard of Halo - will check them out now!

I’m interested too for some reasons. I thought bio Sculpture

The Gel Bottle for me

Gel bottle read up on biab x

Ink london around 50 with there flubber base coat for people who don't like shellac

And shellac for me

halo are brilliant and very affordable, the coverage is immense!

Halo by pure nails all the way! I switched from gelish and I haven’t found better yet x

Thanks all! It seems The Gel Bottle and Halo are the clear faves here.

Argh I dunno which way to go!

I use Halo and Gellux. Honestly if I was you I’d get the Halos!

I use shellac, gelish and gellux, my preferred one out of those is gellux but lots of techs on here swear by the gel bottle and halo

Just to throw a curve in, have you considered IKON.iQ? It looks really good!

Just to throw a curve in, have you considered IKON.iQ? It looks really good!

No, I haven’t - Is that what you’d recommend?

Just checked out their website and I saw they’re giving the lamp free of charge if you spend £180 on polish!

Just checked out their website and I saw they’re giving the lamp free of charge if you spend £180 on polish!
They are definitely the way forward in this industry.
I use the Gel Bottle at the moment, having moved over from Gelish. Although Halo is cheaper, the Gel Bottle is sold world wide, has an enormous amount of colours (good luck choosing) and has it's own lamp. It's the complete set up

We are!

That's because we want our customers to get the same fab results we do and reduce allergy risk by using a LED/UV lamp matched to our products. The offer is extremely popular and not time limited. The limit is 2 free lamps per person, unless you have a multi-NT salon, in which case send me a PM.

If you join our UK Facebook group, you can read comments from users there.

Forgot to mention, PRIMA covers in one colour layer. So you get twice as many services per bottle. :)

The Gel Bottle for me. Excellent lasting results, and lovely on trend colours and glitters and biabs.

Latest posts

Back