Gel help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

em79

Reaction score
Hi got a few proms coming up and one of the girls is having gel nails but her own natural nail is really bitten down.
Would you use a full false nail then do the gel over that?
I really need abit of help it's stressing me out now :(

Deffo do a false nail first then gel !
U could do an acrylic nail
For strength , then shellac etc .
Or gel nail Colors like the Nsi balance or what ever make u use !
X

Should I use a full false nail or just tip? She wants gel though not acrylics ( I'm better at gel anyway lol) x

Yeah prob for strength put a natural false nail and do ur gel , but otherwise if it's too short u might have to sculpt acrylic !
If it was me I would do acrylic with natural nail and gel Color on top ;0) xx

If your client has bitten nails, she would fair better with acrylics. If her nail bed is very short, using a tip may not be a good idea. This is because there isn't much for it to adhere to and most nail biters have that hump of skin where the free edge should be. If you use a tip that can result in the nail popping off. Sculpting with acrylic will allow you to lengthen the nail bed and give her a better looking result. I don't think gel will give you a strong enough base for the client who isn't used to wearing longer nails.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

I can't do the acrylics on her because I only learnt to do them last sept and my smile lines are not very good so I use White tip at the min on clients until my smile lines are good enough. Maybe u should try sculpting the gel then (get the forms dug out)

this may not be of any help but dashing diva do a full french wrap which is similar to a full false nails and stays on for 2 weeks obv no need for infills, ive used these on my nail biter clients (am doing a sculpting acrylic course as never got the hang of it ! lol) then when they come back for their next appointment the nails have grown. this is just my preference hth:D

if you have silk you can do the free form sculpting. here is a link to steps. I find it much easier and stronger for nail bitters.

Bio Sculpture Gel-USA Free Form Gel Technique - Technique - NAILS Magazine

Hi em
Wow that silk looks amazing (all excited lol) that seems sooo much easier than the forms you use and her nails are really bitten. I would say they are half the size on the ones on the link. Anyway where would you suggest I bought the silk from and I use brisa gel take it you can use the silk with any make if product
:)

loving that link, i wouldve put the silk long ways if i was doing but will try this next time x

i am soooooo going to try that in a minute!! brill link! x

I'm going to try it just wondering where I get the silk from

any suppliers should sell silk babe it will be in the fibreglass section x if you cant find a cheap supplier inbox me and ill give you the link to mine x:D

Hi em
Wow that silk looks amazing (all excited lol) that seems sooo much easier than the forms you use and her nails are really bitten. I would say they are half the size on the ones on the link. Anyway where would you suggest I bought the silk from and I use brisa gel take it you can use the silk with any make if product
:)

I just get mine from my local supplier....I'm in Canada so my companies are different. But as some geeks have already said, you should be able to find it along side the fibreglass. And I use Brisa too :) you can use it with any gel system.

Latest posts

Back