Gel-help/they lifted off "complete"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbiegirl

Reaction score
Hi

I recently put a set of Gel's on myself. When I first did my training I could put a fantastic set on and they last for weeks.
The set Ive just put on I am so ashamed of and have lost confidence in myself now.

After about 2 or 3 hours I could "easily" lift the entire piece of Gel straight off about 5 nails, leaving just the glued on tip. There was literally no gel left.

What did I do wrong. I preped and made sure there was no oils etc. Did I not file enough in the beginning? Was it my gel application?

This makes me feel insecure at doing customers nails.
I dont have a salon, I occassionally work freelance

If they lifted that quick something was definitely not right. It could be a number of things.....how old is your lamp? Are the bulbs up to scratch? How old is your product.....some do have a shelf life. Did you thoroughly stir the product if you haven't used it for a while? Not sure what you were using, but unless you product is an inferior quality product or your nails were really shiny, they shouldn't have needed anymore than the shine removing gently.

I'd go through what you did and make sure that you check all products and tools, and if you can't find anythign there, talk us through what you did step by step.

did u put the bonder?? lifted that quick means they didn't stick properly on the nail beds!!

Hi

My lamp and also bulb is about a year old. Would that need replacing yet? The Gel is a brand new pot I opened but I didnt stir it. Would this make a difference?

I just dont understand it. I did just what I always do. I thought it might be something to do with my brush application but again its only what Ive always done.

1. First I manicured
2. Then preped the nail by roughing it up with file and then used acetone to remove any oil etc.
3. Applied the tips, cut and filed to shape
4. Applied first coat of Gel, cured for 2 minutes
5. Applied second coat of Gel, again 2 minutes
6. Applied third coat of Gel, 2 minutes

Wiped with finishing wipe and filed/buffed any rough edges

Any help you can give would be great.
Thanks

Hiya
I'm new to NailGeek & i also have the same problem so i will also be very interested in any advice. :rolleyes:

Hi

My lamp and also bulb is about a year old. Would that need replacing yet? The Gel is a brand new pot I opened but I didnt stir it. Would this make a difference?

I just dont understand it. I did just what I always do. I thought it might be something to do with my brush application but again its only what Ive always done.

1. First I manicured
2. Then preped the nail by roughing it up with file and then used acetone to remove any oil etc.

Thanks

you'll probs need to change your bulbs in the lamp. Could you go back to trainer and ask for some help? Most are very good and only a phone call away :)

My lamp and also bulb is about a year old. Would that need replacing yet? Yes it could!

The Gel is a brand new pot I opened but I didnt stir it. Would this make a difference?
Yes it could!

Either of these coud be a problem.....bulbs need replacing every 6 months to 1 year and most gels need stirring about once a day at least.

did u put the bonder?? lifted that quick means they didn't stick properly on the nail beds!!

Nail Plates - Not beds

I'd be seriously worried if you were sticking product on to nail beds lol

Hi

1. First I manicured

Thanks

Just a couple of things - you say you manicure first - what do you do in this manicure?

What brand of gel are you using as the application procedure can vary?

How much have you used the lamp over the last 12 months?

The first layer of gel MUST be worked into the nail and not applied like nail enamel.

Latest posts

Back