gel it step by step

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beck

Arty geek
Reaction score
i have done a search but am getting no where fast....

can one of you give me a quick step by step for ez flow's gel it please

and
is the brisa uv lamp going to cure it ok?
do you use the same ezbond for gel it as for the ezflow L&P?
do you need primer? if so is the same one for the L&P?

thanks any info would help greatly.

Becks

I am Creative trained and work with Brisa gel. I use edge it (because it has a great colour for a free edge) and find this cures in my Brisa lamp. HTH:)

i have done a search but am getting no where fast....

can one of you give me a quick step by step for ez flow's gel it please

and
is the brisa uv lamp going to cure it ok?
do you use the same ezbond for gel it as for the ezflow L&P?
do you need primer? if so is the same one for the L&P?

thanks any info would help greatly.

Becks

you use exactly the same prep steps for gel it as you would with their l&p.
i dont know reguarding using your brisa lamp, as i have only ever used the gel it lamp with the system...maybe pm sparklpink she may be able to tell you the info reguarding the lamp.
hth

I will pm instructions for gel it use.
All Ez Flow gels require a minimum 8 watt UV lamp to cure. Because wattage varies among manufacturers lamps you may need to adjust your curing time if an Ez Flow UV lamp is not used in the gel service.
I would suggest you double cure if using a Brisa lamp.

I will pm instructions for gel it use.
All Ez Flow gels require a minimum 8 watt UV lamp to cure. Because wattage varies among manufacturers lamps you may need to adjust your curing time if an Ez Flow UV lamp is not used in the gel service.
I would suggest you double cure if using a Brisa lamp.

Thanks everyone and especially Lellipop for the step by step. im going now to have a go, doing my toes!!

last question...cleanse it...i don't have any will scrubfesh be too harsh?

http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/35947-choosing-uv-lamp-your-gel-system.html

The wattage of a UV lamp refers to the amount of energy used, it's the UV output that's important regarding curing.

When I was at Excel in February I went to the EZFlow stand, I was after some Edge-It because it's a gorgeous colour... I spoke to one of the educators who told me that Edge-It can be cured with the Brisa lamp, I asked her if it needed to be double cured and she said no...
I've used it with the Brisa lamp with no adverse effects and cured for 2 minutes as I do with Brisa.

Obviously, to get the best from any gel system it's always advisable to use the UV lamp that's recommended.

http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/35947-choosing-uv-lamp-your-gel-system.html

The wattage of a UV lamp refers to the amount of energy used, it's the UV output that's important regarding curing.

When I was at Excel in February I went to the EZFlow stand, I was after some Edge-It because it's a gorgeous colour... I spoke to one of the educators who told me that Edge-It can be cured with the Brisa lamp, I asked her if it needed to be double cured and she said no...
I've used it with the Brisa lamp with no adverse effects and cured for 2 minutes as I do with Brisa.

Obviously, to get the best from any gel system it's always advisable to use the UV lamp that's recommended.

24-08-05, 10:43 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u can use gel it with an other lamp but you will have to double your cure times....and of course your gonna get better results with the light it! lamp as the uv output will be just rite where as it will differ with diferent makes
hth

Jess
xox

Well maybe this has changed ????????

this all helps loads, as for the lamp i will just have to try the brisa lamp and see how it goes, its no bother to do another full cure of a whole hand after curing each finger....

thanks for all your help guys... i can't wait to try it out, i hope they do coloured gels aswell,i am dying to try some out, i just love the coloured powders, it is all so versatile.

Fab talking with you, thank you all

Becks

Well maybe this has changed ????????
I'm going by what I was taught in my Brisa training...

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/28284-question-about-gels-please-2.html#post279132
The Geek said:
Wattage has no bearing what-so-ever on UV output. There is also no way to know if you have fully cured gel without some pretty sophisticated equipment.

Whoever is telling you that it doesn't make a difference is only trying to make a quick buck selling you their lamp (or their gel), and they are clearly talking out of their pie hole :D

I would still always advise techs to use the lamp that is designed to be used with their make of gel. That way you know your going to get the best results:)

Isn't Gel It 3 minute cure?
I asked the educator about the curing time and she told me to do it the same as for Brisa.
It's not something that I advertise and use it mainly on myself, although I have used it once on a client.

I asked the educator about the curing time and she told me to do it the same as for Brisa.
It's not something that I advertise and use it mainly on myself, although I have used it once on a client.

I agree Sandi, I wear the edge it a lot of the time and have used it on clients. I cure for 2 minutes, in my Brisa lamp and have never had any problems.

I agree Sandi, I wear the edge it a lot of the time and have used it on clients. I cure for 2 minutes, in my Brisa lamp and have never had any problems.

It is a 3 minute cure for edge it so you will not be fully curing in 2 minutes and may get problems.

i think i will do a 3 minute cure to be sure, i am only using it on myself to try it out as it were, so if i like it i will get the gel it lamp. this is just for trials sake at the mo.

It is a 3 minute cure for edge it so you will not be fully curing in 2 minutes and may get problems.
I too was told that 2 mins was ok in the Brisa lamp, I have been wearing it a lot over the last 3 months and have no problems

I too was told that 2 mins was ok in the Brisa lamp, I have been wearing it a lot over the last 3 months and have no problems

Yep Adele you may have done babe but it does state 3 minutes in all my paperwork and this as to be for a reason :)

Yep Adele you may have done babe but it does state 3 minutes in all my paperwork and this as to be for a reason :)

Fairy nuff, I only speak from my own experience - each man to his own:)

I would hazard a guess that it's connected to the differences in UV Output and that when using the EZFlow lamp you have to cure for 3 minutes.

I would hazard a guess that it's connected to the differences in UV Output and that when using the EZFlow lamp you have to cure for 3 minutes.
Ah good point - I only have the Brisa lamp so could not compare

Latest posts

Back