Gel just melting off.... ?!?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tasha99

Reaction score
Hi, i have just startred doing gels, i have done about 10 clients gel nails and all of them have been fine. I did a clients gel nails yesterday and they looked great! However, this morning i had a phone call from her telling me that all the gel has just 'come off' and only the whit tips are left? Please help me on why this has happened. Thank you x

Did you take the shine off the tips before applying the gel?

Hi, i have just startred doing gels, i have done about 10 clients gel nails and all of them have been fine. I did a clients gel nails yesterday and they looked great! However, this morning i had a phone call from her telling me that all the gel has just 'come off' and only the whit tips are left? Please help me on why this has happened. Thank you x

You need to see tha nails to determine the problem.

The shine? I used white tips :S

The white tips would have a shiny finish to them, you need to buff them slightly to make them look matt, then the product will grip, without doing this they indeed will peel off.x

Defenitly they need to be buffed , also did you cap the free edge as gel can can have slight shrinking, Did you put the gel on in one go or sevral thin layers ?
With White tips the UV light cannot pass through for a compleet cure so you need to work in layers,

Thank you :) I am seeing the client again tomorrow so i will buff the tips and cap the edge. I did it in thin layers. x

Latest posts

Back