Gel/Lamps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkthistle

Reaction score
Hi,
Im in Spain and use Allessandro gel as its what i brought with me when we moved here. The sales office for them is in Madrid and I find it a nightmare to contact a rep and it can take a month to recieve an order, although it is a lot cheaper here than in the UK...I heard Nailworx in Liverpool had a fall out with them and are now supplying a different product in their own name so my questions are.

1. Anyone tried them, think they are called American Nails?
2. Do they cure the same in the same time etc than the Allessandro gels in the Allessandro Lamp ( the big one) and do you still need a bonder gel first?
3. Anyone tried any other gels with this lamp.

Its too expensive a lamp to renew, so i would rather find an alternative gel i can get easily...locally im only being offered NSI and Star.

:Love:

Hi Pinkthistle!

Several weeks ago I tried contacting Allessandro in regards to wanting information on their product line.. As I was interested in trying their product.

I e-mailed them several times, and not once did I get a response, So I did a search on this forum to see if there was any feed back on them.

I would suggest to you to do a search on this product line.

Sorry, I could not have been of more help to you.

Sincerely;
Janet:sad:

Its too expensive a lamp to renew, so i would rather find an alternative gel i can get easily...locally im only being offered NSI and Star.
http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/35947-choosing-uv-lamp-your-gel-system.html
That article should help...

You really should only use the recommended lamp for your gel system.
You are risking potential overexposure, service breakdown and other things by using any old lamp with your gel system, play it safe and use the correct lamp for your gel system, regardless of whether it will cost more...

The health of yourself and your clients is of the utmost importance.

I know and i agree, but the lamp was over €500..the whole hand one and when you cant get hold of the reps or companies to get the correct gels it gets really annoying and all the competitor companies say is 'it should be ok' which for me is not good enough. I dont do enough nails now to justify paying €180 plus p+p and a month wait for the Allesandro stuff from Madrid or Germany. I just thougt if a company was given the wattage of a lamp they could calculate the exposure time. no?

I just thought if a company was given the wattage of a lamp they could calculate the exposure time. no?
The wattage of UV lamps has nothing to do with the UV output, it's the UV output that affects the curing, the wattage only tells us how much energy the lamp uses. It's all explained in the article I linked to in my last post.
hth's

Thanks, will go read it now...its just that Nailworx in the UK are selling a different gel now as they parted company with Allessandro aparently and you would assume as they did the Allessandro training the replacement gel must work with the Allessandro lamps...just really dont want to deal with them again :eek:

Latest posts

Back