Gel lasting in the heat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabel.Blake

Reaction score
Evening,

I just wanted to know if the heat can affect gels in anyway? I’ve had two of my clients losing a couple of nails within a few days and I just can’t think of what it could be

Has anyone else had this issue ?

I have occasionally had clients use the strong sun protector creams/lotions/gels and it affects the edges of the gels..pure gels though not the hybrid style gels..makes them go wrinkly and can discolour.

Are you talking about purely UV gels or the UV LED gels ? x

I have occasionally had clients use the strong sun protector creams/lotions/gels and it affects the edges of the gels..pure gels though not the hybrid style gels..makes them go wrinkly and can discolour.

Are you talking about purely UV gels or the UV LED gels ? x

Ah yes I have heard about suncream being an issue I’ll have to see if they’ve been using that ! The UV LED gels, it was Bio Sculpture to be specific. Thanks so much x

It's not the sunscreen, its the insect repellent called Deet, it disolves acrylic and gel polish better than most acetone.

Ah yes I have heard about suncream being an issue I’ll have to see if they’ve been using that ! The UV LED gels, it was Bio Sculpture to be specific. Thanks so much x

You are more than welcome..as Trinity says it could be that too..Some of the lighter colour UV gels also discolour sometimes. I sell a UV top coat which helps. .but obviously anything with acid/chemicals in don't help. My clients love french manicures for holidays but I always explain the maintenance risk caused by the sun . Hope that helps a bit xx

Yeah defintley. It’s so frustrating when they come off because I do the same thing every time so I don’t know what’s gone wrong ! Will just have to hope it’s a one off, I’m going to repair them today so I’ll soon see if they’ve been picked off [emoji6]

Hi Isabel
I also use bio sculpture and did 2 clients on the same night. They both had the same colour but they both said they were not lasting a week. One of them I know already has problems with the gel staying on due to other factors and we were trying it a different way this time but the other client was my mum whos nails always last the 3 weeks sometimes even 4. It was really hot that day and my room does get very warm but my gels are kept out of the sun. I was also wondering if the heat affected the gel that day.

It could also be the heat being the issue. Materials contract when exposed to cold and expand when heated. When having constant expansion and contraction, the interface between the nail plate and product weakens creating cracks which explains lifting. This also happens in winter too.

So the lady who’s nails weren’t lasting, after fixing the odd nail I eventually re done them and they’ve last two weeks and now she’s sent me a picture with one off. Personally I think if it’s been two weeks and one comes off that’s not my problem and she’s due in next week for her next set anyway. Does anyone think I’m expected to go back ! The picture she sent also looks like it could have been peeled off

Latest posts

Back