Gel lifting from tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Tips

Reaction score
Hiya,

I've recently started having problems with the gel lifting from just the tips. It only really happens on my thumbs and only on myself.
(Majority of my clients are gel polish though).

Does anybody have any ideas as to why this is happening?
I file the tips when blending and remove shine from the whole tip - just weird it's only my thumbs?

TIA :)

Is it lifting or seperation, the free edge of natural nail will seperate from the overlay product if it's not kept hydrated properly, or if the product was not adhered in the first place. Lots of L&P techs get free edge separation as they don't fully press the product into place all the way to the free edge they just paint it down like polish so it doesn't adhere properly. From a Gel perspective you are not pressing and patting the product down but are you ensuring it's evenly and properly placed all the way to the free edge and not just concentrating on cuticle and stress apex.

If it's just thumbs is it incorrect curing of the product, thumbs are notoriously difficult to cure without product movement unless you have a five finger lamp.

It may be incorrect curing but sometimes it just happens on one thumb - it doesn't lift from my natural nail it's like the gel just doesn't adhere to the tip properly :confused:

It may be incorrect curing but sometimes it just happens on one thumb - it doesn't lift from my natural nail it's like the gel just doesn't adhere to the tip properly :confused:

Try changing finger position. Also make sure you apply the gel all the way to the edge of the tip, don't just wave the brush in that direction, firmly apply and cap free edge.

Latest posts

Back