Gel Lifting Problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magical Touch

Reaction score
Need some advice...

I have recently started using white tips and the gel seems to be lifting off, don't have this problem with normal nail tips just the white ones has anybody else had this problem.

Please help :mad:

Thanks

Michelle

Magical Touch said:
Need some advice...

I have recently started using white tips and the gel seems to be lifting off, don't have this problem with normal nail tips just the white ones has anybody else had this problem.

Thanks

Michelle
Hiya Michelle,
Do you take the shine off the white tip :rolleyes:
I use white tips with gel and always remove shine off nail and tip, and then go in a upwards motion over and free-edge with gel and then seal by brushing gel along free -edge :)

I would definitely have to agree with Lesley......make sure that you white block over the white tip and remove the shine. If you dont then you are actually applying gel to a shiny surface and we know that aint gonna work.
Try and see if this solves it......hope it does....fingers crossed!
:)

Magical Touch said:
Need some advice...

Thanks

Michelle

Hi Michelle,
I agree with the other replies regarding the shine and may I also suggest that if your client wants a P & W with gel then sculpt with white gel. It is alot easier to maintain as the white grows out.

Lynda

Thanks girls for the info I do white block over the tip. mabye I am doing it to gentle, trying to avoid over blending had that done to me before....

Will let you know the outcome

Thanks again :)

I am fairly new to this profession :lol:

Michelle....hi....keep us posted!
It might be something entirely different thats causing the lifting. Its a bit trial and error this! :|
I was always under the assumption that white tips need "no blending" but they do!
I too had a few lifting probs with gel that coincided with the time I found white tips.......then I found out I wasnt removing the shine. :rolleyes:
After a 4 day foundation with Creative......I found out there wuz lots more I hadnt been doing too!
:o
In my opinion.....in a way we are all newbies cus things change so much in this profession! :rolleyes:
Keep learning and keep enjoin!
:lol:

Just to back up what is being said... I would recommend using a 180 grit on the tip to leave a porous enough surface for the gel to grab to.
Many white buff blocks will go from 240 and higher.

Saying that though... you will usually see the gel pull away from the tip right after curing.

Blending is not the same as removing shine from the tips.
Blending usually refers to removing also the contact area, which you don't have to do with white tips.

After removing shine from the tips with 180 grit make sure that you are not wiping the tip with Scrub Fresh as this will make the rough surface smoother (melt the scratches). Make sure that your cleanser (that you use after your tip is applied) doesn't contain acetone.

But it is a fact that white and clear tips are tricky to use.

Will advise you all of the outcome tomorrow, have a full set of white tips with gel overlay tomorrow will try all the tips you have posted

Thanks ever so much

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back