Gel nail extension complaint-what do I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francesca1

Reaction score
Hey guys, wondering if any of you can give me some advice!

A lady come in to the salon for a set of gel extensions, as part as my initial booking in process i advised that gel extensions are not as hard wearing as acrylic, I also checked that she had enough nail growth for the tips to stick. To cut a long story short; the day after she came in she broke a nail please see pictures attached of mid-way and finished treatment.
She contacted me asking for a full refund, which I have refused but offered a repair at her convenience. She has declined stating that she doesn't have time before her holiday although she has booked in with my associate for eyelashes before she goes.

What are your thoughts??

Thanks
Fran! ☺️
IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

IMG_0370.JPG

That nail has broken at the stress point, and where the tip is adhered. There is no strength in the tips, its in the structure of the gel over the top, I think from the photos, the tips were not blended enough, you can see the bulge of them, and the opaqueness (when blended you shouldn't be able to see where it was), the gel is too flat, there is not enough product at the stress area and no spine in the structure.

Its a common problem with gel, as the product is self levelling it will always try to make itself flat and you need it curved.

There is also some product touching skin down the side walls on a few so they would probably be lifting soon too.

There is also some product touching skin down the side walls on a few so they would probably be lifting soon too.
Hi lovely,
Thanks for the reply; I had done other clients that day and have had no complaints! This is exactly the way I do them normally and always been fine! I have spoken to a couple of people I know in the trade and they think it's been snagged!
However I have offered to rectify the problem but she is demanding a full refund; that's where my issue lays. X

Hi lovely,
Thanks for the reply; I had done other clients that day and have had no complaints! This is exactly the way I do them normally and always been fine! I have spoken to a couple of people I know in the trade and they think it's been snagged!
However I have offered to rectify the problem but she is demanding a full refund; that's where my issue lays. X

I wouldn't full refund, you've spent time and products....I'd push her to let you sort them at her eyelash appointment....could you work on her in tandem? Obviously you couldn't buff whilst the lashes were being done but you could soak the problem one, and reapply????

I wouldn't full refund, you've spent time and products....I'd push her to let you sort them at her eyelash appointment....could you work on her in tandem?

She is already in and has refused to let me help. Threatening to take me to trading standards, I'm just confused on what I can do?

She is already in and has refused to let me help. Threatening to take me to trading standards, I'm just confused on what I can do?

You can't do anything if she won't let you. Trading Standards won't be interested if you've offered to rectify and she chose not to take the offer. Do you have written records of consultation to refer back to?

If you really want to you could offer a half price set maybe?

You can't do anything if she won't let you. Trading Standards won't be interested if you've offered to rectify and she chose not to take the offer. Do you have written records of consultation to refer back to?

If you really want to you could offer a half price set maybe?

Have kept all emails and all text messages; where I have offered not only a few different appointment times including one near her eyelash appointment but also a 50 per cent refund but she wasn't interested.

There has also been accusations about the time I took and that she didn't get out the salon till gone 11 when I was at home tucked up in my bed! Which I also have proof and my associate knows as well!

Thank you so much for taking the time and replying to me. You have put me at ease and made me feel a little more confident as I thought about stopping extensions all together!!

Fran ☺️

Have kept all emails and all text messages; where I have offered not only a few different appointment times including one near her eyelash appointment but also a 50 per cent refund but she wasn't interested.

There has also been accusations about the time I took and that she didn't get out the salon till gone 11 when I was at home tucked up in my bed! Which I also have proof and my associate knows as well!

Thank you so much for taking the time and replying to me. You have put me at ease and made me feel a little more confident as I thought about stopping extensions all together!!

Fran ☺️

How rude of her! I think you've done everything possible, and more in my opinion. Chalk it up to experience lovely, don't let it get you down

How rude of her! I think you've done everything possible, and more in my opinion. Chalk it up to experience lovely, don't let it get you down

Thank you.
You have really reassured me, I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Back