Gel nail extensions with French tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marie79

Reaction score
Hello peeps.
This morning I have been practising my gel nail enhancements. Fairly pleased with my first attempt. The way I like to do French tips on an enhancement is use clear builder gel instead of pink. Cure etc then apply gel nail polish which is pink ice for base and purely White for tips. I have took a pic and the White tips don't seem smooth looking. Any advice?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    816.8 KB · Views: 173
I can't see it clearly can you do a clearer picture?

Marie are you self taught? As most of your questions would be covered in training. It's hard to explain why they are not smooth looking other than the technique your using and everyone has been taught differently to achieve the 'smooth' look

I agree with Cocos sentiments, you seem to be posting constantly looking for answers or reassurance you should get from your trainers!

Who are you training (or trained?) with as it dosnt seem very comprehensive. Answers to all your posts direct you back to your trainers but another post pops up? Xx

I do try and provide the correct response but Marie ignores me which can be a little frustrating. But yes all seems to go back to suggesting your self taught as the posts are all looking for answers on basic methods which you should only get from proper training. By getting advice on the right technique from professionals is not the way forward as we're all taught differently and your picking up everyone's technique and it's not a solid foundation on building a proper career. You will be left confused. Put money time and effort into your training like we all have! It's much more rewarding this way. You will gain confidence in your work when you have the right knowledge

Have you got a pic from the side?

Coco I've noticed you asking the same question over and over again for it just to be ignored. My guess is that there has been no formal training and therefore not insured (if treating others).

Coco I've noticed you asking the same question over and over again for it just to be ignored. My guess is that there has been no formal training and therefore not insured (if treating others).
How dare u all assum. I have had training. I thought this sight was simply offering advice, instead I am being patronised. I have only been on a 5 day course and yes I do need resurence as I am scared that I am doing the wrong thing. Instead I will go elsewhere

How dare u all assum. I have had training. I thought this sight was simply offering advice, instead I am being patronised. I have only been on a 5 day course and yes I do need resurence as I am scared that I am doing the wrong thing. Instead I will go elsewhere
Site
ots seems like u all want to get on the band wagon

I have guessed wrong!

My guess was probably home learning or a quickie one day course in gel polish which hasnt covered anything about hard gel as the questions are all about the basics, but if you dont tell us what you have trained in then we cant really help as every product is different/has different protocols.

A lot of your questions seem to revolve around Gellux which is what made me think a one day gel plish course. Xx

No one has been patronising to you. The question has been asked more than once by more than one person and you have failed to answer it. A simple explanation would have helped others to guide you as it seems your training wasn't adequate, which wouldn't have been fair to you having spent that money. Everyone comes here for advice but many of your questions are very basic and should have been covered in your training which caused concern.

Erm I'm not entirely sure Marie what that's all about up there [emoji651]️
But let's clarify a few things.. You post new threads asking very basic question regarding nail services which are so basic that they would 100% have been covered in even a 2 day course! You also rudely ignore people's advice which again sometimes gets very frustrating. We try and give you advice but if you look back wh the posts you don't even say a simple thank you or even acknowledge someone has actually taken the time to respond and help you out. Other geeks have asked you who you've trained with as a normal chit chat to figure out why your struggling and you don't reply! So what are we meant to make of it?

Marie, that was extremely uncalled for calling Minkeybox patronising. No one has been openly rude to you as you are now being. People were trying to ascertain what your background was.

Any chance of having a look from the side?

Any chance of having a look from the side?

Wahhhhhh!!! I proper love you Blossom ;)

Coco - we gave Marie advice about seeking further training which has been ignored. I refuse to engage anymore or provide free training. I don't believe any quality training has been undertaken. I have spent thousands of pounds and hours perfecting my skills and knowledge, I will not cheapen that by assisting any further.

Wahhhhhh!!! I proper love you Blossom ;)

Coco - we gave Marie advice about seeking further training which has been ignored. I refuse to engage anymore or provide free training. I don't believe any quality training has been undertaken. I have spent thousands of pounds and hours perfecting my skills and knowledge, I will not cheapen that by assisting any further.

I'm joining you on this one trinity. Your so right I have spent a lot of money on my training too, and yes we all get little glitches which we can ask for some advice over- no ones perfect but to share my whole techniques is like providing free training on here and that's what it seems Marie does! Asks us to share what we do how we do. It's deceiving. Sorry Marie if I've upset you by speaking the truth but it's frustrating when your posts pop up and holding back not saying what we're all thinking

When you pay good money for a reputable course, it's important to come away feeling confident of the basics and it's clear from your posts that you aren't quite there yet.

If you intend to build as business as a professional Nail technician, you really need to build a good foundation level of skills and technique so either go back to your original trainer or look for a more indepth training course. A 5 day course on its own is unlikely to be adequate.

Seriously, any decent course should require you to confidently produce a good French before passing you. Either go back to your original tutor or invest in further training.

Latest posts

Back