gel nails being discontinued - fact or fiction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautygirl UK

Reaction score
hi all,
wonder if anyone can help with this - I have recently been told that gel nails are being discontinued with potential problems being caused by the light used for curing - I`ve not trained in gel so no nothing about this but find it hard to believe as I get both Nails mag and the american Nail mag and neither has mentioned this and regulary promote new gel products. This info was from a nail tec. with 24 yrs experience in the industry and a current trainer........
Hope you can shed some light!

beautygirl UK

hi was she maybe just talking about one particular gel ??

kx

beautygirl UK said:
hi all,
wonder if anyone can help with this - I have recently been told that gel nails are being discontinued with potential problems being caused by the light used for curing - I`ve not trained in gel so no nothing about this but find it hard to believe as I get both Nails mag and the american Nail mag and neither has mentioned this and regulary promote new gel products. This info was from a nail tec. with 24 yrs experience in the industry and a current trainer........
Hope you can shed some light!

beautygirl UK

Hi Ya, i havent heard anything of the sort i am a gel lover too so certainly look forward to comments on this x

I'm afraid she is incorrect.

Is she promoting liquid/powder or wraps by any chance?? :)

geeg said:
I'm afraid she is incorrect.

Is she promoting liquid/powder or wraps by any chance?? :)

That thought crossed my mind too!

I expect something like that to be said on 1st April!!!!!!!!!

That sounded patronising, I`m sorry, I didn`t mean it to sound like that.
What I meant was, thats such a strange thing to say, thats its quite funny.
I must admit i`d hate that to be true

Im sure that this was said out of context and was probably aimed at one particular brand.. Hey we all make mistakes.

Latest posts

Back