Gel nails do not stick

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozza_parks

Reaction score
Hi!

I have been having acrylics for about 4 years, not all the time and I do have regular breaks, however in the last year I have wanted to try gel on my own nails, I have all of the relevant product and nothing works. My nail technician has also tried several times but I am just wasting my money because it peels on the same day. I've used ph bonder, which my nail technician has also used, what else can I try? :(

Thanks!

Are you a nail professional or have you had any training?

Are you a nail professional or have you had any training?

Noooo just a beginner really but watch my nail technician when she is doing it and have the same products, she has been doing it for years and she's a professional and he products work on her other clients but not me :(

Noooo just a beginner really but watch my nail technician when she is doing it and have the same products, she has been doing it for years and she's a professional and he products work on her other clients but not me :(

And it’s there, I’m afraid, the problem lies.

Experimenting with products and chemicals when untrained (watching other nail technicians doesn’t count unfortunately) can be dangerous, as well as damaging.

We can only suggest that you get yourself booked onto a training course, so that not only you can learn the right and correct way, but you can also acquire the anatomical and theory knowledge required.

And it’s there, I’m afraid, the problem lies.

Experimenting with products and chemicals when untrained (watching other nail technicians doesn’t count unfortunately) can be dangerous, as well as damaging.

We can only suggest that you get yourself booked onto a training course, so that not only you can learn the right and correct way, but you can also acquire the anatomical and theory knowledge required.

I am not experimenting I am using all of the correct products that all professional nail technicians use, I also know lots of people who are not professionals who also use the products and they work fine on them. Unfortunately I aren't asking if I should go on a technician course, I am asking if there are any other alternatives such as shellac, that may work better for me as gel is clearly not working.

I am not experimenting I am using all of the correct products that all professional nail technicians use, I also know lots of people who are not professionals who also use the products and they work fine on them. Unfortunately I aren't asking if I should go on a technician course, I am asking if there are any other alternatives such as shellac, that may work better for me as gel is clearly not working.

No-one here will give you any professional advice further to Noodle's recommendations. We are a professional forum, spend thousand of pounds and hundreds of hours learning our trade and skills, you can't learn that by watching a technician work.

The products dont work for you because you need to be trained to use them properly and jumping to another product will simply give the same result.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back