Gel nails lasting different times?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanyaMackie

Reaction score
Hey all, was wondering if you could lend some knowledge.

I use artistic colour gloss gel, I have some clients who nails last them for 3-4 weeks and return for a new set with perfect nails. Then I have others that complain their gels are chipping after a couple of days. I’ve had a couple of lady’s stop coming for gels with me now because of this problem. I always guarantee my gels for 10 days and offer repairs, but it is not always feasible as I’m a partly mobile therapist.

I find it so frustrating, I know my prep and application is correct. Do any of you struggle with this and how do you deal with the clients it happens to?

Is it just the clients nails?

Can be just how the brand reacts with the persons body chemistry

Most likely down to the condition of the natural nail. The thinner and/or more damaged the natural nail is, the more likely it is to wear poorly. Another point to mention is lifestyle. e.g. someone who types for a living is going to have more edge chipping than someone that doesn't.

If that person who types a lot also has crappy nails... well... they aren't going to last long!

FYI, An alternative line may be help, but keep in mind that the company that makes Artistic makes many other lines. Make sure you try a different make!

Hope that helps!

Most likely down to the condition of the natural nail. The thinner and/or more damaged the natural nail is, the more likely it is to wear poorly. Another point to mention is lifestyle. e.g. someone who types for a living is going to have more edge chipping than someone that doesn't.

If that person who types a lot also has crappy nails... well... they aren't going to last long!

Hope that helps!

This makes me feel so much better about my work thank you. I find it so difficult to not take the blame when discussing this issue with clients, when deep down I knew it couldn’t be me, when other clients are lasting. I guess I will have to get a back bone and explain this in future.

We've all been there Alanya!

It certainly CAN be our fault but that doesn't mean that is the default position. If you are working to the system (e.g. manufacturers prep and lamp) and most of your clients have good wear, then maybe it is their nails that require a different approach.

Unhealthy natural nail can be a challenge. Be the professional and take a prescriptive approach. e.g. Include treatments of IBX and help your customer understand the limitations of what their natural nails will hold.

Your customers will appreciate that!

We've all been there Alanya!

It certainly CAN be our fault but that doesn't mean that is the default position. If you are working to the system (e.g. manufacturers prep and lamp) and most of your clients have good wear, then maybe it is their nails that require a different approach.

Unhealthy natural nail can be a challenge. Be the professional and take a prescriptive approach. e.g. Include treatments of IBX and help your customer understand the limitations of what their natural nails will hold.

Your customers will appreciate that!

Yes I love ibx!! Amazing results. Thanks so much for your advice [emoji5]

Latest posts

Back