Gel nails popped off new client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millyspook

Reaction score
I'm a mobile nail tech and I did a clients nails on Friday morning. She wanted gel with white tips.

Everything was fine and then I got a text from the client at about 9pm that evening to say one tip had popped off. I agreed to visit the next morning to repair the tip and would not charge as I felt that it shouldn't have popped off that quickly after doing the nails so perhaps its my error.

I did the repair and that evening I got another text to say one had popped off. I went the next morning, again no charge for the repair and repaired the broken nail tip and also removed the top coat of gel and re-did again with two layers of gel, to give the nails more strength.

I have now just had another text to say another tip has popped off, this time off her thumb! What should I do. The nails are quite thick so don't understand why they are popping off.

As far as I am aware my prep was good, as it always is, and the only thing that is different is my nail glue. I am using Pro Impressions nail glue and not NSI at the moment.

Do I charge the client now for a repair seeing as this will be the fourth time I have seen the client in as many days? Or do I remove the whole set and start again? The client is a new mum, so do you think hormones are having an effect? She also said she went to another nail tech and her nails popped off after a week, so she is obviously pretty hard on her nails.

Also what do other mobile nail techs do in a situation like this. I charge £3.50 for repairs but have a minimum call out charge of £20. The client doesn't drive so has no option to come to me. So, if I do charge, it can only be £3.50??

Ps. sorry for the essay ;-)

I would make an educated guess that it has something to do with hormones, and perhaps recommend a shorter length, or soak off gels until later. Glad she told you it wasn't just yours tho... I know that had to make you feel a bit better. Also, you might consider asking if she has a friend who also wears enhancements, to add a service, so you're not just going out for 3.50... And possibly to test your gel, just to make sure...

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

personally i would tell her that the fact that this has happed 3x now its going to keep happening then i would say your only option is to completley take them off and maybe offer shallac instead. or to keep them off perminently. as its costing you to much keep traveling out....but i wouldnt have thought it was something wrong her end. as its happend the day after and next day for 4 nails. it could be the hormones but then like u say it could be the glue. have you done a set on someone else using that glue? xx

i had this happen with 2 clients and they werent new mums just really hard on their nails and not looking after them....they had had acrylic for years in nss salons and were used to bashing them about...

i would suggest soaking them off and applying an overlay and keeping them short for now xx

Latest posts

Back