Gel nails problems & troubleshooting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squidgy1311

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am having a very annoying problem with my gels! I have trained with NSI but i found their hard gels very runny. I am currently using the Cuccio T3 led gel. It was going good up until recently. It won't cure properly!! :( I have done my prep really carefully and kept the nails in for the right amount of time under my led lamp. They cure, i wipe the sticky layer off and file, then top coat and they look fine. But then a few days later the nail will start leaking gel and i don't know what is causing this problem :( I have also used two different lamps to see if it was mine, but still no change! If someone could help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated as i really like the consistency of the gel and would like to continue using it! I look forward to your answers!

Hey everyone! I am having a very annoying problem with my gels! I have trained with NSI but i found their hard gels very runny. I am currently using the Cuccio T3 led gel. It was going good up until recently. It won't cure properly!! :( I have done my prep really carefully and kept the nails in for the right amount of time under my led lamp. They cure, i wipe the sticky layer off and file, then top coat and they look fine. But then a few days later the nail will start leaking gel and i don't know what is causing this problem :( I have also used two different lamps to see if it was mine, but still no change! If someone could help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated as i really like the consistency of the gel and would like to continue using it! I look forward to your answers!

Squidgy have you called your Cuccio Educator to speak with them and ask them? I don't represent this brand and have no idea why this would be happening but would hazard a guess that your lamp is not curing the product properly. Gel can be highly allergic so I would suggest you do nothing until you speak to a Cuccio Representative - I have asked Steven Rhys Wells to help you...

Last edited:

Hello Squidgy, I am sorry that you are having these gel problems- let's iron those out. As Mrs Geek suggested the problem lies with your lamp and you should be really careful of overexposure when using gels. Can you please tell me what lamp you are using? Also what colour of the 4 gels are you using?

Hello Squidgy, I am sorry that you are having these gel problems- let's iron those out. As Mrs Geek suggested the problem lies with your lamp and you should be really careful of overexposure when using gels. Can you please tell me what lamp you are using? Also what colour of the 4 gels are you using?
thank you Steven!! Really appreciate you coming on here and helping! :hug:

thank you Steven!! Really appreciate you coming on here and helping! :hug:
You're very welcome, I am always happy to help :D x

Hi I had dame problem with their Cuccios sister company ASP with a same gel range it's called IN CONTROL , i used 2 differant lamps a uv and led and sometimes it seemed to cure and sometimes it didnt ? Very strange ! But as. I have now purchased a new 18g lamp and its curing perfectly ! But now i have another problem of it coming off in one peice !!! As if i haven't prepped properly but i know i have as i have NSI on my other finger shich has stayed on fine x
Btw have you ever thought of putting your gel in the fridge b4 you use them ? As i find it stops gels running to quickly and it give you more time to work with them x

I don't think it's a problem with your lamp, in fact I know it's not! This can happen with any gel from any brand when using opaque colours!! Your problem is that you applying an opaque too thickly so when curing the top half has cured but underneath hasn't because the UV light can't penetrate through the coating fully.. Also another cause/common problem is not using a clear tip, especially when trying to cure white gel, the underneath ends up not cured, you need a clear tip so the light can reflect and cure from underneath the nail too! :)

Although this is a problem with any brand gel when it comes to an opaque colour- squidgy hasn't specified if it is indeed one of the opaque colours that's causing the problem- as a brand ambassador Jordanmichael I need to look at every aspect and detail to come up with a solution... Not just an assumption. The 'doughnut effect' happens when application is too thick on an Opaque colour wether it's a form or top or even an overlay on natural nails; If you use the lamp that's specifically designed for that product or one that's of equal strength then the problem is irradiated. Just a note to you- squidgy hasnt specified UV light; LED light does not bounce so having a 'clear tip' for the underneath is pointless. I look forward to your response Squidgy

Hello! the colour of gel i am using is the controlled levelling opaque petal pink .. The lamp i started using with it was the 'Sibel Nails' 36W UV lamp and it was curing perfectly the first few times! And i bought a new 12W 'Mylee Nail' led lamp

I don't think it's a problem with your lamp, in fact I know it's not! This can happen with any gel from any brand when using opaque colours!! Your problem is that you applying an opaque too thickly so when curing the top half has cured but underneath hasn't because the UV light can't penetrate through the coating fully.. Also another cause/common problem is not using a clear tip, especially when trying to cure white gel, the underneath ends up not cured, you need a clear tip so the light can reflect and cure from underneath the nail too! :)

I don't like thick nails so it isn't applied too thick. I also use clear tips :)

Hi I had dame problem with their Cuccios sister company ASP with a same gel range it's called IN CONTROL , i used 2 differant lamps a uv and led and sometimes it seemed to cure and sometimes it didnt ? Very strange ! But as. I have now purchased a new 18g lamp and its curing perfectly ! But now i have another problem of it coming off in one peice !!! As if i haven't prepped properly but i know i have as i have NSI on my other finger shich has stayed on fine x
Btw have you ever thought of putting your gel in the fridge b4 you use them ? As i find it stops gels running to quickly and it give you more time to work with them x

yes i tried putting the nsi gels in the fridge but as soon as they come out and i start to use them, they roll on the nails and it is so frustrating! I like to use the thick viscosity hard gels because they are easy to work with and save heaps of time when doing a full set! :)

Last edited:
Hello! the colour of gel i am using is the controlled levelling opaque petal pink .. The lamp i started using with it was the 'Sibel Nails' 36W UV lamp and it was curing perfectly the first few times! And i bought a new 12W 'Mylee Nail' led lamp
Perfect so now I know what gel colour you're using and what lamp- I can help troubleshoot. How old is the 36watt uv lamp? And how many times have you changed the bulbs in the last 6 months? I have tried the product under countless brand lamps to the point where our instructions are now clear- to give a full cure on T3 LED it must be used with the specified led lamp. When originally testing the product (before release) I was faced with all of these problems that I had to overcome before launch. Always remember- if UV is a must then fresh bulbs very 6 months. Spend a bit of cash on the correct lamp for the product you are using and see this as an investment. When applying remember to use fuse all over the nail- massage a thin layer into the nail and full cure, second layer is thin all over and apply your builder layer directly in to the wet second layer ( this allows the thick gel to move into position correctly- give a full cure then file and shape. Apply your colour or design and then use a top coat. I use this product in all of my salon work, seminars and photographic works and I get no lifting, oozing or chipping. Follow my advice and your problems will go away. I hope this help; let me know how it goes...

Perfect so now I know what gel colour you're using and what lamp- I can help troubleshoot. How old is the 36watt uv lamp? And how many times have you changed the bulbs in the last 6 months? I have tried the product under countless brand lamps to the point where our instructions are now clear- to give a full cure on T3 LED it must be used with the specified led lamp. When originally testing the product (before release) I was faced with all of these problems that I had to overcome before launch. Always remember- if UV is a must then fresh bulbs very 6 months. Spend a bit of cash on the correct lamp for the product you are using and see this as an investment. When applying remember to use fuse all over the nail- massage a thin layer into the nail and full cure, second layer is thin all over and apply your builder layer directly in to the wet second layer ( this allows the thick gel to move into position correctly- give a full cure then file and shape. Apply your colour or design and then use a top coat. I use this product in all of my salon work, seminars and photographic works and I get no lifting, oozing or chipping. Follow my advice and your problems will go away. I hope this help; let me know how it goes...

Thank you so much!! I'll definitely give all this a try and let you know how I get on!

yes i tried putting the nsi gels in the fridge but as soon as they come out and i start to use them, they roll on the nails and it is so frustrating! I like to use the thick viscosity hard gels because they are easy to work with and save heaps of time when doing a full set! :)
Glad you got someone to help x

Glad you got someone to help x
I'm going to take a little responsibility for that. Steven and I had just been chatting so was able to ask his help... see it doesn't matter what brand you use... we should be helping one another to be better across the board.

I'm going to take a little responsibility for that. Steven and I had just been chatting so was able to ask his help... see it doesn't matter what brand you use... we should be helping one another to be better across the board.
Yes very true , I've struggled for some time with application of ASP IN CONTROLsearched youtube no joy spoke to sales person in SALLYS for proper application of product but not much knowledge of it x so great feedback on here x thanks x

Yes very true , I've struggled for some time with application of ASP IN CONTROLsearched youtube no joy spoke to sales person in SALLYS for proper application of product but not much knowledge of it x so great feedback on here x thanks x
Grrr so tried application in which Steve quoted for Cuccio,(although im using ASP) seemed perfect , until it just pinged off whole, obviously something to do with PREP but it buffed , cleansed, bond and followed steps x
So Annoying when SALLYS sell a product and can't help at all x

Latest posts

Back