Gel nails & sanitising hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgiakate

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been using Gellux for 12months now and have had no problem with it chipping or not lasting. Since starting back nails I have had two clients where the gel has peeled after a few days, I am still doing everything as normal but I am wondering if Hand gel and sanitising hands constantly can interfere with Gel and break down the top coat possibly? Does anyone have any ideas about this please, if so is it worth posting something about this on my business page to make clients aware. Thanks x

Hand gel can make it peel, nothing you can do about it really

My clients already knew as I tell them in aftercare advice however I am reminding them now.
I’ve told them when possible to wash their hands instead of using hand sanitiser which is recommended anyway but unfortunately it can cause lifting.

Its probably best to just make the client wash their hands with soap and water. No need for hand sanitizer as that does leave a residue. However, when you clean the nail with acetone prior to applying the gel, that should remove some of the santizer residue. So it could be do to the sanitizer but its most likely due to so many other things

Latest posts

Back