Gel nails "spotting"

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced this... I did a French gel polish on a client and she said te next day there were tiny brown spots on them, mostly the White. I didn't get a chance to see them so don't know what they looked like, but I'm thinking air bubbles?!

Could be air bubbles from the top coat that have have 'popped' leaving a tiny hole or dint on surface, then dirt gets in which turns it the brown colour especially on white or lighter coloured polish. I've experienced it myself when I got my nails done by another therapist, I noticed the bubbles after she had done the polish application, then the next day they turned to dark dots after coming in contact with spray tan!

impossible to know for sure but I think Rachel is spot on!

Yeah, I would also say it is air bubbles.

Thanks it's the first time it's happened any reason y?

just try applying the white gel in a bit of a slower sweeping motion and flatten it on the side of the bottle before dipping it in so you can squeeze any air out that may have got in the brush between uses. theres nothing I can think of apart from that really.

Latest posts

Back