Gel nails still not real shiny

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

packerfan

Reaction score
Hi! I tried everything to get my gel nails shiny! Bought a new lamp
Wipe off with 99% rubbing alcohol
Leave nails out of light one minute before wiping
Changing wipes so top coat does not get over wipes
I put cream on after I wipe sticky so I wipe the nails with towel and buff shine back
Any more suggestions??

Sorry if I’m stating the obvious, are you using the correct lamp?

Yes my cnd lamp I think I have to make sure my girls are placing their hands in lamp right!

Yes my cnd lamp I think I have to make sure my girls are placing their hands in lamp right!

Ok, that’s good and correct hand placement is of course very important as you have already stated.

CND base, colour and top coats?

Is your topcoat contaminated or old or cloudy? xx

Ok, that’s good and correct hand placement is of course very important as you have already stated.

CND base, colour and top coats?
Yes I use all cnd products!

Hi! I tried everything to get my gel nails shiny! Bought a new lamp
Wipe off with 99% rubbing alcohol
Leave nails out of light one minute before wiping
Changing wipes so top coat does not get over wipes
I put cream on after I wipe sticky so I wipe the nails with towel and buff shine back
Any more suggestions??

It's got to be this step if everything else is OK.

Agree with Trinity - once you have wiped with CND Disperse alcohol they get their shine.
I use CND shellac so personally my next steps are to apply solar oil & rub in, then apply a hand cream and rub in.
Definitely no buffing needed.
As soon as the client washes their hands and the hand cream goes, the shine will be back.

Agree with Trinity - once you have wiped with CND Disperse alcohol they get their shine.
I use CND shellac so personally my next steps are to apply solar oil & rub in, then apply a hand cream and rub in.
Definitely no buffing needed.
As soon as the client washes their hands and the hand cream goes, the shine will be back.
Thank you!❤

Latest posts

Back