Gel Nails...what's included??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeattyBoo

Reaction score
Hi Guys...

I just wondered what you all offer as your gel mani & pedi service...???

Do you offer Gel nails and more if with a full manicure/pedicure or do you include it all in the price or just a bit???

I was originally told that hands and feet couldnt be soaked before gels so never included it but now people seem to be offering the full shabang???

We offer, nail cut and file, cuticle tidy and gel application, moisturise but I usually feel bad that thats all their getting but time wise that takes a chunk up, although we are using Gelllux and not happy with it (whole new thread i'm sure!) so maybe another brand might work easier with quicker application/curing??

Thanks everyone :)

I guess nobody wanted to comment ...

Last edited:
I think most people when it comes to gel polish and mani/pedi's do the file and polish first, then the soak and everything else after. So they still get the full treatment just a little backwards as you risk service breakdown if you apply gel polish on wet/oily nails. Xx

The service you're speaking of is probably a luxury package of some sort, and I'm pretty sure any soaking, masks, scrubs, or massage is done after the gel is applied. If the cure time is what you're having a problem with, you'll find most gel polishes involve a 2-4 minutes cure time each layer with a normal UV lamp. LED lamps cures the gel polish within seconds, but you have to be sure the brand you're using is LED lamp compatible.

Thanks BeeBeautiful....I had a read through some threads and thought that might be the case. I only do a file and light cuticle tidy then the polish and it still takes around 30mins, the gellux seems to takes ages to cure along with all the other problems I have with it, I'd like to try another brand, maybe it would be quicker and i'd be able to fit more in. xxx

Thanks chicafish...i'm using Gellux with the a.s.p lamp, supposed to cure in 30 seconds but some colours takes 3-4 mins each layer, usually the reds....odd????

Sorry! Chickafish rather....

Gellux cures 30seconds with an LED lamp, but 2-3 minutes with a regular UV lamp. I'm gonna guess your asp lamp is a regular 9 or 36 watt UV lamp?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back