Gel nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortie33

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to gel nails, I have completed a course but came across this problem when practicing, I have an led lamp and use gellux products, thank you

Attachments

• IMG-20190814-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20190814-WA0025.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG-20190814-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20190814-WA0026.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 99
How soon after did it happen?

That's an odd one... Could the gel need mixing, looks like the pigment has separated once applied to the nail...or perhaps it's old stock?
Perhaps make some samples on nail pops and see if it happens again?

I use gellux and have never had this problem, did you mix it before applying?

That's an odd one... Could the gel need mixing, looks like the pigment has separated once applied to the nail...or perhaps it's old stock?
Perhaps make some samples on nail pops and see if it happens again?
I'm pretty sure I didn't shake the bottle! Could it be this then?thank you

I think it happened just under a week

Was the client on holiday in the sun?

The reason I ask is because a few years back CND Shellac had fading issues with some of its deep pinks. The results were very similar to that.

No she didn't go on holiday, but I remembered I didn't shake the bottle before use, so perhaps it was this?thank you

No she didn't go on holiday, but I remembered I didn't shake the bottle before use, so perhaps it was this?thank you

I think if the polish hadn’t been stirred it would look like this going on.
I’d also agree that it could be from the sun. A few of my pink gels discoloured in the sun and I just stopped using those particular colours.

To be honest from what I can see from the pictures it looks like the top coat has faded in the sun.

I only say this as I did my mom's nails for her holidays and I did a thicker top coat over a glitter nail and this had slightly faded more than the rest. It was over a coral colour.

Perhaps try a different top coat or apply top coat slightly thinner?

Latest posts

Back