Gel Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hiya All,

As it has been some time since I last did Gel nails (like nearly two years properly!) :cry:

I am looking at buying in the stuff again to do my own (though one day who knows I may start the trade again - as I have just visited Leighton Denny's website! :lol:) And I was wondering is it a 36w lamp you use for Gel? As I can't remember? Does it matter which you get? As currently I have a 12w and currently need to wait about 5 mins per turn over time - although I have recently had some problems with lifting with this lamp also ? Could this be why?

Thanks for your help everyone!

xxxx

Hiya All,

As it has been some time since I last did Gel nails (like nearly two years properly!) :cry:

I am looking at buying in the stuff again to do my own (though one day who knows I may start the trade again - as I have just visited Leighton Denny's website! :lol:) And I was wondering is it a 36w lamp you use for Gel? As I can't remember? Does it matter which you get? As currently I have a 12w and currently need to wait about 5 mins per turn over time - although I have recently had some problems with lifting with this lamp also ? Could this be why?

Thanks for your help everyone!

xxxx

most gels need 9watts to cure, but it varies according to brand.
you must use what is compatible with your brand of gel so that you dont get potentially harmful undercuring.
this can also lead to lifting problems as can abulb more than 6 months old.

sounds like a refresher course would come in handy for you.

I think it could of been a mixture of me having bitten nails and the fact that the gel isn't a partically great one. If I decide to take it up again a refresh course is definatley something i'd do, But i'm excited to just try and practice again. I have done acrylic a lot since leaving the trade. I have been more of a fan of acrylic than gel. But thanks I will see what happens, and post some pics when I do them. Hoping to get some of the stuff for christmas so who knows :Grope:

Thanks for the help! :o)

I think it could of been a mixture of me having bitten nails and the fact that the gel isn't a partically great one. If I decide to take it up again a refresh course is definatley something i'd do, But i'm excited to just try and practice again. I have done acrylic a lot since leaving the trade. I have been more of a fan of acrylic than gel. But thanks I will see what happens, and post some pics when I do them. Hoping to get some of the stuff for christmas so who knows :Grope:

Thanks for the help! :o)

what brand are you using, maybe you could have a rummage for your training manual from when you first trained with it. ive still got all mine.......somewhere:lol:

It's the cheapest one going in sally, I am a bit of a creative fan. Though I think my nails have expensive taste, and anything else and they flip! my training manual is somewhere between spain and here....cheshire....so I have no idea! lol :lol:

I will buy a lamp, and get some creative stuff and have a bash! :)

It's the cheapest one going in sally, I am a bit of a creative fan. Though I think my nails have expensive taste, and anything else and they flip! my training manual is somewhere between spain and here....cheshire....so I have no idea! lol :lol:

I will buy a lamp, and get some creative stuff and have a bash! :)

creatives brisa gel MUST be used with the brisa lamp as its formula differs from a lot of other well known brands.

there are lots of threads on creatives brisa gel if you try our search facility, good luck.

I just recently had my nails done with Brisa, and I must say they turned out fantastic! So I may end up going this way. Do you know of any where I can get the Brisa gel cheaper than through Creative themselves?

Thanks again!

I just recently had my nails done with Brisa, and I must say they turned out fantastic! So I may end up going this way. Do you know of any where I can get the Brisa gel cheaper than through Creative themselves?

Thanks again!

The best and safest way is through your registered distributer.....Sweet Squared. If you have not done your Brisa Training with Creative i would reccomend a course with it.

Latest posts

Back