Gel on Toes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
Hiya All,
I do use gel and have done overlays on toes, But I have had a client contact me who would like gel toes. The only problem is that she has very thick toe nails that are ridged and slightly yellowing her words to me. I am not sure whether she may have a fungal nail infection, what do you all think. Should I do her nails or not.

Could The Yellowing Be Nail Polish Use With No Base Coat? Just A Thought........you Will Probably Be Able To Tell More When You See Them!

Hi les

If she is getting on a bit that could be it? As you get older the toe nails do loose their moisture very quickly and become thicker. Or she could have damaged them??
Best thing is to have a good look first if they are ok use a pink gel if you are doing P+W that is!

I had a new client come to me for a pedicure a couple of months ago.
She had athletes foot when she arrived for her appointment. Not wanting to turn her away I used a clean washing up bowl and only used metal impliments or disposables, I used gloves throughout the treatment too.
I examined her feet and all of the nails on her right foot were yellowing and crumbly as well as lifting of the nail bed.
We left the nails unpolished and, knowing that athletes foot can lead to a fungal infection, I advised her to go and see her GP.
This she did and yes she did have a fungal nail infection.

One positive has come out of this - she's decided to have facials with me until her infection has gone!

The problem with fungal nail infections is that if they go untreated the condition can worsen and I am presuming (correct me if I am wrong) that it will take longer to get better.

I would get her to check, there's no harm in it and she will respect your professionalism.

Hi
After ranting on I just re-read your post. I though that you'd already seen the nails. I would ask her to come in for a quick consultation. Then you could have a look at her feet and make an informed decision on what to do.
I find that when people phone up and say that there nails are in 'such a mess' they're not nearly as bad as I thought they would be.

Right she came this morning and her nails were quite thick and yellowish. I have told her to see her gp first and then come back to me. She said they have been like this for years, The nails were pretty curved inwards as well, the little toe nail looked like thin little claws :?:

Latest posts

Back