Gel on top of acrylic for shine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerrie

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a few new clients a mother and 2 daughters , they have been having there nails done P&W and came to me for a rebalance and asked me if i used a gel overlay to shine the nails.

She said they had been to a previous tech that had put a layer of gel and then cured it under the lamp and then cleaned with scrubfresh and it gave a brilliant shine.

I might be a bit wet behind the ears or a bit slow but i have never heard of this done before , i usually use my girlfriend buffer and it gives a great lasting shine.

Does anyone know what they were talking about and can help me clear this little mystery to me up?

Kerrie :)

You can definitely add permanent high shine to a L/P enhancement by adding a UV top coat Gel.

The enhancement must be buffed and then ScrubFreshed, let dry and add the UV Finishing Gloss ... Part of the Brisa Gels range, and cure under the lamp for 2 minutes. Wipe and your done.

You can also use a UV fFinishing gloss over wraps too ... all systems are acrylic and compatible when used like this.

Thanks geeg :)

Thats something to think about doing in the future :)

I haven't ventured into the brisa yet so might be a bit of an expense to just have the lamp for that purpose , but thank you for clearing that up for me :)

Kerrie :)

I like to use buffing cream and an E-FILE with a buffer attachment

I have a couple of clients who have a uv top coat over their acrylic and it works well. but agree dont buy a lamp yet if you dont use gel that much yet (try it you and youre clients will love it). Do you have any coleagues who could let you use their gel on them as a trial? Are you going to excel? get a sample nail done.
I still like L&P but do love Gel (can you tell)
pam x

I absolutley adore Powerseal from Nailorder, it is a uv cured top coat gel. You cure it for 2 minutes then wipe with an antiseptic spray and it leaves a fantastic shine, its the shiniest i have ever tried

Amanda

Hi,

I recently bought perma gloss from NSI and it is brilliant for a great shine on the nails.

Use the prep and leave for one minute then apply the gloss and cure under a lamp for a minute too. Clean with NSI cleanse and there you go.

I didn't have a lamp and I bought the lamp which had £20 worth of permagloss free.

Fantastic product though! :p

Hi...
I just wondered do you charge extra for a gel top coat?...if so how much?
Thanks in advance...x

Latest posts

Back