gel or acrylic on nail biter ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi im doing my first nail biter in about a hour :eek:.my clients nails are quite bad probably half of her nail has been bitten off ,could i build her nail up to the free edge and either put a tip (elation nsi ) or would i be better doing it with a sculp (which iv not done since college ):irked:.im swithering wither to do them with gel or would acrylic be better :irked:OOOhhh i dont know HELP ! :rolleyes: oh i use both nsi gel and acrylic products :)

I would say which ever you are going to be most confident in. I would be more confident in sculpting for nail biters but others say tips, so it comes down to which you feel most confident in. x x x

Good luck - take some pictures and let us see how you get on. x x x

hi would i extend the nail using radiant pink or would i would i use the clear L&P ,then when iv tipped it do the overlay with R&P :irked:

the instructions given in the tutorial mentioned above are great!
it should help you out

xx

If you cant sculpt to save your self, then stick to what you know, otherwise she may not end up with a very good set (if your not used to sculpting u can end up with a mess) so stick to tipping if thats what your comfortable with, use a natrual tip, fit and blend, then extend the nail bed out a little with some coverage powder.. just dont make them too long or she will snap them all off :)

hi did the nailbiters nails ,im not totally happy wae the final outcome but i think its ok ,my tips need to get shape up abit ,im put the pics on geek gallery ,have a wee look plz and honest im opened minded so hit me with it ,i extended her nail bed so i could apply a white tip then did the radiant pink overlay :eek:

Well done - considering what you had to work with they look alot better.

Nail biter nails will never look 100% but at least you have put that client on the right path. How did the client feel about them?

hi did the nailbiters nails ,im not totally happy wae the final outcome but i think its ok ,my tips need to get shape up abit ,im put the pics on geek gallery ,have a wee look plz and honest im opened minded so hit me with it ,i extended her nail bed so i could apply a white tip then did the radiant pink overlay :eek:

I personally think using white tips gives an unbalanced result on nails that short - even after you'd extended the nail bed...... You really need nail beds to die for to carry off white tips.

I would have applied a natural or clear tip, then applied my white to the very end of the nail and covered the rest of the exposed tip with an opaque pink.

These are before and after pictures of a nail biter I did, and for me they are still a bit top heavy for white, but I hope they give you an illustration of what I mean.....

showimage.php
showimage.php

hth's

I agree, i would never use white tips on anyone unless they have naturally long nail beds.

Another good look for nail biters is old fashioned enamel....do a natural tip...pink in zone 3 and 2 and clear in 1...then a pretty enamel or french in enamel..much softer look. x

Here's a another tutorial for biters that I've used:

Beauty Pro

Another alternative to that tutorial is once you've created the free edge, and separated it from the skin, you can buff the surface and apply your tip if you can't sculpt. You could also use coverage gel instead of a clear, then apply a french tip. You would have extended the nail bed by creating the free edge.

I usually sculpt.

Apparently, this method also works with L&P.

hth's

Beauty Pro

Another alternative to that tutorial is once you've created the free edge, and separated it from the skin, you can buff the surface and apply your tip if you can't sculpt. You could also use coverage gel instead of a clear, then apply a french tip. You would have extended the nail bed by creating the free edge.

I usually sculpt.

Apparently, this method also works with L&P.

hth's
hi those ones look good ,my nailbiters coming back so il asked her if she would like to try the gel i think that does look better and much more natural looking :hug:

hi i have been doing porclin nails for 4 years not any probs but now new to gel im having probs why is my gel craking and not staying on long thank for any replys xxyvette spain
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Beauty Pro

Blooming heck, those nails don't look bad at all !

I can't sculpt to safe my life. I keep trying and I end up wasting so much gel because I'm useless at it. :cry: :cry:

Marlise

hi i have been doing porclin nails for 4 years not any probs but now new to gel im having probs why is my gel craking and not staying on long thank for any replys xxyvette spain
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi - I think you need to start a new thread on this as it will get lost by being attached to another thread. If you want any help to do this then please let us know.

Latest posts

Back