Gel or acrylic?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SharryG

Reaction score
Hi Geeks. I currently offer gel nails but I notice on here that acrylic is really popular. I'm looking to find out what you geeks prefer to do either gel or acrylic, and why? Also if you offer both then what is more popular?

Last edited:
I prefer doing uv gel extensions

I am qualified in both, I prefer Gels, (I prefer look, feel, application)

Although its personal preference, I don't find I do more then the other, although a lot of people need to be educated on Gels...

X

I am qualified in both, I prefer Gels, (I prefer look, feel, application)

Although its personal preference, I don't find I do more then the other, although a lot of people need to be educated on Gels...

X

Thank you. I don't often get asked if I do acrylic but I was considering it as an option. I thought I'd ask for some feedback to see if it would be worth it. Xx

Hi Geeks. I currently offer gel nails but I notice on here that acrylic is really popular. I'm looking to find out what you geeks prefer to do either gel or acrylic, and why? Also if you offer both then what is more popular?

I love working with acrylic, I have briefly tried gel but found it perhaps more messy than acrylic. I love the fact that you have endless design possibilities with fading, precision and the 3D nails that can be built are truely an art form. There are Acrylic design videos all over you tube which are spectacular and exciting, well to me anyway lol. Just my opinion hth's x

Prefer the way gel goes on, don't like the smell of liquid and powder it makes me feel sick lol

Last edited:
Im abit of a weirdo, LOVE the smell of l+p! Find it alot easier to work with and you can be more creative i feel. Plus of you do it mobile theres no need to carry a lamp round

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Thanks for all your comments. I might just book for training so I'll not be left wondering how I'd get on. Xx

I love gel they look so natural and it is so easy to apply.

I don't like how you can tell when someone has acrylic on ie: always looks like spades on the hands. Although tbf this is down to the therapist not filing them in to be straight with the side walls x

Latest posts

Back