Gel or not to Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What do you guys think of gel systems? I've had very good results with young nails synergie gel, however found them very very difficult to remove, you have to file the little suckers off!
Just done a beautiful set of tennails gel from a sample kit they have sent me. Apparently they have a product called loosener to remove the gel anybody used this or have any bright ideas on getting the dam things off!
Cheers
Ju

Well, it is one of the particularity of gels to have to be filed off..... :? As they are not porous, the acetone or other chemicals do not penetrate the gels to break them down. Hence you file them off. But gels are softer and easier to file than L&P, so filing them should not be such an issue and anyway when you apply a new set, the filing is minimum (because we all know rule number 34726547238: you sculpt with your brush and not with your file.... repeat after me.... :D :D )

If you are after trying gels just for the sake of it ;) but want soakable ones, you might want to try Reflex, or Bio Sculpture or ..... can't remember... :D I think it MIGHT be Calgel. Akzents will be coming up with some soakable gels in the very near future too.

Thanks for the tips. Do you use a drill to file or do you use elbow grease? cus last time I filed a set off by hand it took ages! I find pretty much no filing required when applying a new set but a some point most clients want them removed and this is where I am having problems as you have to be so careful not to file down to the nail bed. :oops:

Cheers
Ju

I don't use drills.... call me carefull... :p

Now, why do your clients want them off at one point?? Confused....:? Is that because the don't like them, because they want a new set for what reason, because it was temporary...?? Why???

I find that I don't really have to file sets off to remove them. Actually, I rarely have to remove sets... :shock: When a clients come for a "temporary" measure, I usually go for wraps: tips, silk or f/g, resine et voila!! At least if they don't come back because it was just a one off, they know how to remove them (well, they are TOLD how to remove them); and if the can be bothered and come back to have them professionally removed, then it is easier on me!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back