gel overlay advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emches

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm having gel enhancements done for the first time in a couple of years for a wedding and wanted some opinions please!

I can't decide whether to go with a simple clear overlay or have them tipped with p&w?! My nails are quite short and Weak at the moment but I'm hoping they may grow before I go. I'm wondering what people would recommend and how long my natural nails need to be to have tips. Also, I don't want really long, impractical tips, am I able to have them so my free edge is only half a centemeter or so or is that too short?

I hope that all made sense, all opinions and advice welcome!

As long as you go to a good up to date technician who is current with all the new techniques available you can make your nails look any way you want.

With the new custom blended gels and powders it is possible to make your nail bed look longer than it is and keep the free edge the length you want it to be.

Tips can be appied to VERY short nails and still made to look like long sleek nail beds even when the length is short.

My best advice is to find a technician who knows what she is doing and can do this makeover for you. What you want can be done, but it is all down to the expertise of the technician in the end, who does it for you.

Latest posts

Back