Gel overlay or gel extensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have a client who is sick of her brittle thin nails, they keep breaking and seem quite weak. They are very short but she does have a small amount of free edge.

She doesn't know whether to have extensions or gel overlays. I think overlays would be best for her (she has never had extensions before and wants her nails to look natural) and if I did extensions they would be so small, in my opinion it would probably be best for her to just have an overlay to strengthen her nails while they start growing. Am I right in thinking that or would extensions be better for her.

She was asking which was healthier for nails gel polish or extensions/gel overlay and I said they are both fine, its just the way someone removes the product which can cause damage. I just second guess myself sometimes, so would like some help/reassurance.

Don't second guess yourself, you've done the training, not her. You know what is right, you've already told us :D

Thank you so much. Much more confident about my decision now. :)

Latest posts

Back