Gel overlay problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YummyMummy2014

Reaction score
How does your gel overlay on natural nail technique differ from your gel overlay with tip technique? Is it simply the thickness of the gel?
With the tips I'm building the apex so going pretty thick on the second layer, but with gel overlay on natural nails are you just doing one thin layer and a second slightly thicker layer?
The reason I ask is that I did this on myself a few months back and big pieces of gel were popping off- but when I had extensions on they were secure- weird
Also I did a gel overlay for my mum and one of her nails completely came off too- the whole lot in one piece, yet when she has extensions they last?
A bit confused something must be faulty in my technique!

i think we all sub conscientiously have a monkey on our back...
realistically it shouldn't matter but for some reason it does...what works for me is

instead of applying a tip , I sculpt on a clear extension, file and shape it and then carry on with my white and pink application.....

this of course works when doing an overlay, just don't extend the length

I know this is w old thread ,but I've had exactly the same problem , fine with sculpting length but no with natural overlay ? Tried with 2 different gels in the past week both times lifted and peeled of 8n one piece ?? Don't understand

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Actually I tried it last night and put top ut off on which I didn't do before think thats solved it xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back