Gel peeling off tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ami-nails

Reaction score
Hiya,

I have a problem, basically I have a client who gel is kind of peeling off from the tips!! They have been on for 8 days and have just starting doing this. What could I be doing wrong?!

I've been using proimpressions gels just because I wanted to try them out and I use there tips too.

The funny thing is that when I use proimpressions gel and a different make of tips I don't have this problem and the set is fine!!

Any ideas?

Have you taken the shine off the tips?

Hiya Snaz,

Yep I have taken shine off!

I'm totally lost in what to do or where I have gone wrong this has never happened before!

Is it happening with just this one client and only with this gel. Are you capping the free edge, making sure no surface oils left on the tip area.

What has the client been doing? Gels aren't indestructible and I find the only time I have issues with gels is the client hasn't been following the aftercare I've given her, ie gardening or decorating without due care and attention. Hth a little.

I'm really heavy on my hands and find that even though I cap the free edge, when using traditional gel, I wear it down really quickly and they start to lift within the week.

The only thing that lasts well is Shellac with 2 top coats, I can get 2 weeks from them.

Karaxxx

Hiya,

Right done another set on my mum last night and one of the nails is already peeling from the tips!

I'm at my wits end lol! I have taken shine off tips and capped the free edge and I was so careful I did everything right!!

I have emailed proimpressions I'm hoping they can shed some light!

Otherwise I will have to change my system! Has anyone used proimpressions gels??

Thanks ami xx

Latest posts

Back