Gel Pens, the office type

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
Hi There,
After a little tip from Sam i think i can post a piccie on here. :D
this was done using just normal office Gel Pens and a normal top coat to seal the design. I found that the quick drying ones smudge the gel paint.
So as we say here in London, get painting as the world is your lobster.
lots of happy thoughts Ruth xx

Attachments

• hpw58.gif
    hpw58.gif
    38.4 KB · Views: 302
I have used gel pens before. They are fun. Do you find that they work best over slightly tacky polish? It seems to grab that roller ball that makes the ink flow.
Those are some long nails, are they yours? If so..how do you work?? lol

LOL! When I had my long nails, I couldnt do anything! and they were naturally long - longest one was 1.5cm and I didnt wana cut/file them down!! It was great in my graphics exam when I couldnt pick up my ruler..the shame!!

iv used gel pens before but didnt really like them much...i love it when people are amazed that iv managed to paint a detailed design on my nails freehand with paint n brush! Makes me feel *special*

hehe
xxlaylaxx

i have used them loads of times and find them really affective i also used loads of other stuff to eg fabric /lol even used some holographic tape i found once (bad idea but thats another story )lol

Those are lovely nails by the way are they yours/clients????

The only person i get to do nails on that long are my mums there about 1.5cm long at the moment and yes she does nothing all day (doesnt even cook)

Well they look lovel any way

chat soon

Fingerprint

i use materials too!! I've used lace - that was nice..and FELT!!! FURRRYYY NAILS!!!! hehehehe!! On the nailpro site, they had a pic of a model with white fluffy feathers on her nails..those were *so* cool!!

I use fabric paint on nails too (fake nails though), to give a 3d effect, and they last ages too :)

hey fingerprint-where in essex are yah?! ;)

romford u ?????

colchester, innit ;)

Thanks guys, I am pleased you like them :p
Yes they are my nails, Silk Extensions. I have no probs working with them that long, got used to it I guess. If i use gel pens on the nail without a colour , I just basecoat and then use the pen, it does grip the ink much better. On ordinary varnish, I let it dry and then use the gel pens. I found some pens work better then others. Pilot Gel Pens seem to be the best ones here in the UK. I do get some odd looks thought in the stationary shop, specially when i start scribbling on my thumbnail, to see if the colour comes out niceley. they always used to offer me a piece of paper, but now they got used to me and just let me play. :D
Love Ruth and happy painting :rofl:

Gel Pen

Attachments

• hpw36.jpg
    hpw36.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 228
  • hpw41.jpg
    hpw41.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 242
LOL!!!
:D
I think the people in my local art shop cue me on time when I walk in cos Im forever in there - whether its getting slitter and rhinestones for my nails or stuff for my art and arthistory lessons 8)

Have to say-art shops really do have some useful stuff for nails! Let your imagination run wild thats all I can say ;)

xx layla xx

btw - that last image is FAB!! LOVE the design!

I checked out the site - some gorgeous nails on there - way-ta-go!!! ;)

Thanks Girls :D
Love Ruth xxxxx

After completing the nail art course at college i kept in contact with a few of the girls on the course....we help each other with problems etc...
I was discussing with one of the girls how most of my clients are ending up free, she was the same! She had 1 REGULAR paying client for nail art.

I found out about "gel pens" and how effetive they are and told my friend. She rang me the next day to say WOW, how precise she could work with them and all the colours and how inexpensive they are. She tried them out on her 1 regular client.....the client went away very happy with little flowers on her nails and never returned.....she bought her own gel pens and arted her own nails!! :shock:
My friend and I have now called them "special nailart tools" We never give the secret away of what they really are! :rofl:

Yes I call them my little itsbitsy pens.
I wonder how the client got on doing her right hand(if she is right handed) lol. Micheal Angelo on one hand and Picasso on the other lol. :rofl:
When I do Nail Art on Nails I charge. I might do a little freebie, like a single nail, but when they want all 10 done I tell them before hand that it will be xamount of £. I have a nail art display in the shop next to my station and all desings have prices underneath them. No confusion about whether nailart is free or not . :!:

keep painting and keep happy
love ruth :D

Hi Chanda,
Told ya they are addictive. Cant wait to see some piccie's.
Did you get them at the PX? I remeber shopping there, getting the best steaks around. We had a card for them when my ex-hubby was in the forces, not forgetting the Naafi too. (trip down memory lane)

Woollies might have some to, Karstadt, Horten and Bilka too.
love ruth

OK, I AM ALL GELLIED OUT :trashed: . I HAVE USED EVERYONE OF MY PENS AND I LOVE THEM. I WOULD POST A PIC HOWEVER THE DIGI KONKEDOUT ON ME. :thumbsup: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE TIP. THEY ARE ADDICTIVE. I FINALLY FEEL LIKE I CAN OFFER NAIL ART NOW. WELL, OFF FOR SOME ZZZZZ. NIGHT ALL.

CHANDA :salute:

OK, HERE WE GO. WENT CRAZY TODAY IN THE PX. DID NOT MAKE IT TO KARSTADT YET THOUGH. HOWEVER, I WAS TOO BUSY TO USE THEM. THAT ALWAYS HAPPENS WHEN I AM EXCITED ABOUT SOMETHING. NOI COMPLAINTS THOUGH, MADE UP FOR THE 30 DOLLARS IN GEL PENS.. :D :shock ANYWAY WISH ME LUCK. OFF THE PRACTICE.

CHANDA :D

UH OH!!! :idea: ;) I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING AND FIGHTING WITH THIS PAINT AND THESE BRUSHES. I SHALL STOCK UP TOMORROW ON THE GEL PENS. AND YOU SAID THAT THE PILOT ONES ARE THE BEST? DO THEY HAVE THEM IN A WHOLE LOT OF DIFF COLORS. THANKS FOR THE TIPS.
I WILL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED ON IF ANYONE CAN DO IT..LOL...BECAUSE IF I CAN ANYONE CAN! :?
CHANDA

Yes love, you can get them in lods of different colours.
Have fun, they are very adictive.
Love Ruth xxxx

Hi everybody,
I am also 'creative' when it comes to different supplies! I recently bought glitter glue, they come in a pen-like tube and are for kid's projects. I did a "stained glass" effect where I covered the whole nail with it. It is a little bit 3-D though so it might catch on things if you only have, say, a stripe or something. I usually use poster paints for the nail art, but even though I bought the right brushes (Precision Painter, Super Striper, etc) I can't seem to get small enough detail. I may try those gel pens next, I have some right here in my drawer! :D

OK i wanna make sure im right here. Are you talking about the type of gel pens that you buy out of the school section? Like the ones teens write on black paper with?? If so i have TONS of these pens!! for a fact every color that has been made so far. LOL..my daughter has me buying them for her all the time for the past year. If this is the type of Gel Pen you are talking about then woooo im gonna have some fun. But i may have a fight on my hands with my daughter LOL..she loves her pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back