Gel polish .. 2nd post no reply

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shahildar

Reaction score
Hey!
I'm a newbie have posted a couple of times and not got a response :/

Just wondering what everyone thinks is the best gel polish?! I had gellac on my nails and its chipped within a day .. Not impressed!

& call me thick but do you NEED to buy the branded lamps to make the product work better or is my uv lamp okay lol

Z

X

I can't speak for gelish etc but with shellac you need to use the cnd lamp. Its been designed to work with that lamp and works best as a complete system :)

I can't speak for gelish etc but with shellac you need to use the cnd lamp. Its been designed to work with that lamp and works best as a complete system :)

Shellac isn't a gel polish. Gelish is a great gel polish. I bought an ASP uv lamp from Sally's and use that with it.

I use shellac which is a power polish but any system will always work at its best with the whole system including the lamp xxx

Hi, if you do a search you will find lots and lots on the subject x

Hey!
I'm a newbie have posted a couple of times and not got a response :/

Just wondering what everyone thinks is the best gel polish?! I had gellac on my nails and its chipped within a day .. Not impressed!

& call me thick but do you NEED to buy the branded lamps to make the product work better or is my uv lamp okay lol

Z

X

I'd definitely do a forum search as I'm sure the only reason people didn't reply is that it has been talked about so much!

Hi i have been using shellac now for 12 months and my customers totally love it and so do i. They have some fab colours and you can mix the colours with layering to make some more really nice colours.

Shallac all the way for me hunni x

sorry meant to add i would advice you to buy the proper lamp i have the cnd lamp

Shellac isn't a gel polish. Gelish is a great gel polish. I bought an ASP uv lamp from Sally's and use that with it.

I know shellac isn't a gel polish it's a power polish but it is an alternative to the gel polish the Oap was asking about :)

I like Jessica Geleration. Incredible colour range, professional only brand, wonderful retail potential.

It applies as you would expect from a premium brand. Very glossy finish and last upto 3 weeks.

P x

I'm a Gelish lover. Not used it for very long but any new clients I'm now getting love it. I work in an large law firm and started off with 1 of the receptionists being the "guinea pig". That was about 6 weeks ago and I now have 6 of the receptionists as clients as they all love the results! Also with gelish you don't have to buy their lamp as long as you use a 36 watt lamp (I'm using the LED one now though). With Shellac you HAVE to buy the CND lamp and I know it's not cheap. Also Gelish has more colours and comes in a bit cheaper as they do bottles twice the size so if you want a cheaper option in cost without sacrificing quality then I'd say Gelish is the best option.

What about NSi gel polish or gellux I want a good one but would love to buy a good kit to start with x

You really should do a search on each as they've all been discussed and reviewed numerous times before. I think they all have their pros and cons so there's not really one brand that's THE best, otherwise everyone would be giving the same name. You can even go to each brand's website and have a look at their color range. it's just like polish, everyone's got their preference and favourite for whatever reason. Good luck.

I know shellac isn't a gel polish it's a power polish but it is an alternative to the gel polish the Oap was asking about :)

This made me chuckle, do you still have to queue up to get your pension or is paid directly into bank accounts these days lol

Jacqui xx

This made me chuckle, do you still have to queue up to get your pension or is paid directly into bank accounts these days lol

Jacqui xx
Oh nooo stupid phone! I meant OP lol! I'm going to go hide now lol

I know you are new shahildar and you may still need to find your way about the site, but there have so many recent threads about which Gel/power polish to use and what lamp, that it may be that some people feel they have already answered you.

Regarding which Gel polish is best, then you will always get different answers as most of us will always recommend the one we use.

I trialed a few gel polishes, and selected Gelish for my business as I feel it delivers everything I need. It has a great range of colours, gives me no problems and lasts 2-3 weeks on most clients and is easy to remove.

Regarding lamps for Gel/power polishes then you need to pay attention to what your manufacturer/distributor tells you.
Gelish cures in either a 36 watt UVlamp or one of Hand & Nail Harmony's LED lamps.
Therefore I use 2 x 36 watt UV lamps to cure my Gelish, I use the CND lamp as that also gives me the option of adding Shellac to my services as only the CND lamp will fully cure shellac.

There have been many,many (some would say too many) threads about lamps on here, and if you put the word lamp into the search function you will find them all.

There are Social Groups here on site and most of the gel polish ranges have a group, Shellac lovers, Gelish lovers, etc....plenty info on them for you to read and help you make your mind up about what system to go for.

Latest posts

Back