SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I’m opening a salon next month (I know call me crazy!)

I need some help with what GEL POLISH brand to use? And acrylic brands?

I’m not a fan of as it’s never lasted on me,

I’ve been looking at getting the Gelish brand but I’m open to looking into any!
Obv long lasting and good colour range is key!

also what acrylic brands do you recommend?

Thank you I’m advance!

G x

Are you trained in gel and acrylic?

Hi everyone!

Thank you I’m advance!

G x
CND is truly my favourite as it lasts for up to 3 weeks & has a lovely shine. Tried Gelish but don't really like the way it goes on. Seems very sticky. Another one I believe is DND. Supposed to be very much like CND only cheaper. Haven't
tried DND but others have told me it is good.

I've been using Artistic Color Gloss and Madam Glam as my gel polishes for years! And I've only ever used CND acrylic products for my acrylic. Best ever!!

I spent £650 on a little start up kit of CND and boy did I waste my money! It's very drying on the nails, pealed off in a one and chipped very easily. It worked brilliantly on perfect strong nails and I did see 4 weeks wear but hardly anyone has perfect nails and a few applications of cnd they don't remain perfect. The best thing about it was the easy removal.
I even bought the cnd builders but they didn't help much. A friend recommended pure halo and I've not looked back. Reasonably priced, lovely colours and great wear x

I'm personally a fan of Cuccio, but I recently found that anybody could buy it from a certain nail polish website. If I go back to salon work, I'm thinking of switching to OPI or Gelish, both of which I also love and as far as I can see can only be bought by pros.

As for acrylic...have you tried polygel? I use Gelish on my own nails. I'm a huge fan. I don't like acrylic because of the odour, but polygel uses slip solution and it relatively odour free, which is a huge plus if you're working in a small space (I only do nails at home rn as I've been out of the salon game to go to uni).

I have been using Not Polish acrylic. I love the colors, no mottled nails. Its super fine and the colors stay true and are amazing. I also love their clear. Gelish is my go to gel polish. I also have been playing with polygels and dual forms. Soooo much fun to play with.

Not Polish brand acrylic.

Attachments

• IMG_20200720_101457_711.jpg
    IMG_20200720_101457_711.jpg
    881.9 KB · Views: 17
Hi everyone!

Thank you I’m advance!

G x
I love Gelish soak gel polish brand I also love their Morgan Taylor brand of nail lacquer as well. I use NSI acrylic products, and MIA Secret acrylic products as the MIA Secret is less expensive but the NSI is worth the price. OPI acrylic products are great, too. I haven't tried CND products, YOUNG NAILS are good, too but their speed acrylic sets up really fast. Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back