Gel polish brand recommendations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbymayy

Qualified Nail Technician
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know this question has been asked so many times, but I was hoping for a more up to date answer. I currently use a mix of brands - INK London, some Bluesky and some SND London. I really want to find a brand that I fall in love with at a reasonable price point, preferably with it's own lamp as well.

If you love the system you use, please let me know what it is and why you love it! Desperate for some help, there are far too many brands out there for me to choose on my own :)

TIA xx

Hi all,

I know this question has been asked so many times, but I was hoping for a more up to date answer. I currently use a mix of brands - INK London, some Bluesky and some SND London. I really want to find a brand that I fall in love with at a reasonable price point, preferably with it's own lamp as well.

If you love the system you use, please let me know what it is and why you love it! Desperate for some help, there are far too many brands out there for me to choose on my own [emoji4]

TIA xx

Ikon.iQ Nails, without a doubt. Produced under proper safety regulations in the EU and cruelty free....
#1 The most hypoallergenic product I ever found
#2 The range and quality of products are first class
#3 The level of contact-ability and interaction with the creators and business owners is second to none.
#4 Considering the investment that has clearly been made in the product development, the prices are very reasonable.
#5 One coat colour application!
#6 Gel polishes, soak off gels, a choice of hard gels, polytek acryl-gels and acrylics... you will want for nothing
#7 Safe for me to work with and safe for my clients to wear.

And yes, they have a lamp properly matched to their products.[emoji6]

Ikon.iQ Nails, without a doubt. Produced under proper safety regulations in the EU and cruelty free....
#1 The most hypoallergenic product I ever found
#2 The range and quality of products are first class
#3 The level of contact-ability and interaction with the creators and business owners is second to none.
#4 Considering the investment that has clearly been made in the product development, the prices are very reasonable.
#5 One coat colour application!
#6 Gel polishes, soak off gels, a choice of hard gels, polytek acryl-gels and acrylics... you will want for nothing
#7 Safe for me to work with and safe for my clients to wear.

And yes, they have a lamp properly matched to their products.[emoji6]

Thank you so much! I was just about to update to say IKON.IQ and Glitterbels are the two I’m most torn between, though I’m open to suggestions!

Good to hear so many positive things about them, I will order a trial kit I think!

Ink London for me

Is there any particular reason you don’t want to stick with INK London? I have tried a few brands and INK is by far the brand I’m happiest with. As well as loving their products, I love the fact they’re pro only, have their own chemist and lab so they know exactly what’s in their products (unlike the Chinese brands), they have a great education programme, a choice of 2 tried and tested lamps and their customer service is excellent. I think they really listen to their customers and do everything to meet their needs, and their price point is very reasonable across the board.

Is there any particular reason you don’t want to stick with INK London? I have tried a few brands and INK is by far the brand I’m happiest with. As well as loving their products, I love the fact they’re pro only, have their own chemist and lab so they know exactly what’s in their products (unlike the Chinese brands), they have a great education programme, a choice of 2 tried and tested lamps and their customer service is excellent. I think they really listen to their customers and do everything to meet their needs, and their price point is very reasonable across the board.

Well... after all this, I think I have decided to stick with them! Initially I was considering switching because I wasn’t overly enamoured with the lamp, and I had a couple of bad sets which were probably more down to user error... also, I think because I’ve been used a few different brands I wasn’t happy with the results I was getting, but as I do more and use INK more, I remember how much I like it. I’ve been doing a lot of research and although IKON.IQ do look fab, I’m not sure you can beat INK’s price point!

I think I will leave this thread open so that it can help other new techs, so thank you everyone for all of your help x

Well... after all this, I think I have decided to stick with them! Initially I was considering switching because I wasn’t overly enamoured with the lamp, and I had a couple of bad sets which were probably more down to user error... also, I think because I’ve been used a few different brands I wasn’t happy with the results I was getting, but as I do more and use INK more, I remember how much I like it. I’ve been doing a lot of research and although IKON.IQ do look fab, I’m not sure you can beat INK’s price point!

I think I will leave this thread open so that it can help other new techs, so thank you everyone for all of your help x

I’ve started a thread about problems with INK nails setting! Can I ask what you did to sort yours out please? I have the Kool 48 lamp and my nails just aren’t curing properly.

I’ve started a thread about problems with INK nails setting! Can I ask what you did to sort yours out please? I have the Kool 48 lamp and my nails just aren’t curing properly.
Are you applying thin enough?

I’ve been doing a lot of research and although IKON.IQ do look fab, I’m not sure you can beat INK’s price point!
The PRIMA are pretty competitevly priced, but also bear in mind that they only need one colour coat - saving time and money - plus, they are so pigmented you don't need to spend money on nail art gels.

Glitterbels for me xx

Latest posts

Back