Gel polish brush is curing in sunlight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tina <3s Nails

Reaction score
I've had this problem where, when doing a gel polish manicure at a certain time in the afternoon when the sun is bright through a nearby window, the brush in my base and my topcoat can (and sometimes do) cure while I'm applying it to the client's toenails. I try not to do pedicures there at that time of day, and that has helped avoid that trouble.

Today, though, I was trying out a new magniying lamp which clamps to my table. it allows me to see my artwork very well (much better than with my glasses). However, I noticed that when I was through, the rush for my topcoat was starting to get stiff. Darn.....cuz that light made it so that I could see so many more details in my artwork.

Is anyone else having trouble like this, or is it just me? Does anyone else use a magnifying lamp clamped to their table? Does it cause the same issue? Thanks.

I've had this problem where, when doing a gel polish manicure at a certain time in the afternoon when the sun is bright through a nearby window, the brush in my base and my topcoat can (and sometimes do) cure while I'm applying it to the client's toenails. I try not to do pedicures there at that time of day, and that has helped avoid that trouble.

Today, though, I was trying out a new magniying lamp which clamps to my table. it allows me to see my artwork very well (much better than with my glasses). However, I noticed that when I was through, the rush for my topcoat was starting to get stiff. Darn.....cuz that light made it so that I could see so many more details in my artwork.

Is anyone else having trouble like this, or is it just me? Does anyone else use a magnifying lamp clamped to their table? Does it cause the same issue? Thanks.

It isn't surprising is it? Some fluorescent bulbs give off UV light and gels cure with UV light and the sun is the source of UV light. Anyone using bulbs that emit UV is going to have the same problems.

Prevent it from being under the light. It's the main culprit to your problem.

Hiya :)

Luckily I read similar posts to this on salon geek before I started to get my products so I have always been soooo cautious with my Shellac / brisa lite / gels. I am very aware of where I'm placing them at all times, I'd rather even 'hide them away' behind my desk than have them on top near any uv light that I think may cure it lol.
You're obviously aware of the problem, so all you need to do is adjust. If you're using your detail lamp, keep you're bottles on the other side of the desk, underneath, wherever...just get them away from that light, and the same for when you're doing pedcures.

Hth

Latest posts

Back