Gel polish, buffers/grits query please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspia

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just ordering my bits as I have done my gel polish course. I was told to take off the natural shine of the nail using a buffing block (I assume a sanding block on ellisons), and to use 180grit foam file to take off the top coat when it comes to removing the gel.

Now I have just pondered are blocks sanitisable (I have mundo file spray), have I been told the correct info in your opinions? This was at college so sanitisation is not exactly a priority and they tend to be outdated with modern practice.

If anyone can point me to what to buy I would be very grateful, i'll be doing ellisons this weekend.

I was also thinking dadi oil. Any other stuff you love prep, products, colours you name it (I will be using TGB as my brand I would love to have any suggestions).

Thanks very much x

If you're going to be using the Gel Bottle I'd recommend buying their files - they're really nice to use. They are foam files rather than sanding blocks. I use sanitising spray and keep each client's file in an envelope with their name on.

If you are just going to be doing gel polish I would definitely recommend buying Rubber Base coat and Extreme Shine Top coat. I'm not sure if you'll be able to buy their Builder in a Bottle (BIAB) if you aren't trained in overlays/extensions/sculpting, but if you can, it can be used as a base coat for extra strength. (Although Rubber Base is excellent). Colour wise .... there are sooo many to choose from! Have you joined their Facebook group yet? You'll find lots of inspiration on there. Keep an eye open for sales - they have them fairly regularly. The downside to that is delivery can be quite slow during sale periods (up to 10 working days, which can work out over 2 weeks if there are bank holidays!)
I also recommend buying their lamp, not a generic one. (You are likely to experience curing problems, service breakdown, heat spikes and potentially cause allergies through over exposure to under cured gel if you use the wrong lamp).
Carefully follow their application directions (on the website) as TGB is different to a lot of other brands.

Good luck

If you're going to be using the Gel Bottle I'd recommend buying their files - they're really nice to use. They are foam files rather than sanding blocks. I use sanitising spray and keep each client's file in an envelope with their name on.

If you are just going to be doing gel polish I would definitely recommend buying Rubber Base coat and Extreme Shine Top coat. I'm not sure if you'll be able to buy their Builder in a Bottle (BIAB) if you aren't trained in overlays/extensions/sculpting, but if you can, it can be used as a base coat for extra strength. (Although Rubber Base is excellent). Colour wise .... there are sooo many to choose from! Have you joined their Facebook group yet? You'll find lots of inspiration on there. Keep an eye open for sales - they have them fairly regularly. The downside to that is delivery can be quite slow during sale periods (up to 10 working days, which can work out over 2 weeks if there are bank holidays!)
I also recommend buying their lamp, not a generic one. (You are likely to experience curing problems, service breakdown, heat spikes and potentially cause allergies through over exposure to under cured gel if you use the wrong lamp).
Carefully follow their application directions (on the website) as TGB is different to a lot of other brands.

Good luck
Thanks very much, I will do as you advise. Yes i'm unsure of the BIAB situation also I have emailed my insurer x

The Gel Bottle only require you to prove you are professional by uploading a certificate that you have trained in beauty/nails.
If you create an account with them you can upload the certificate there and will automatically be able to buy all their products.

(Ps. In terms of insurance I would only use BIAB as a base coat and not sculpting if you aren’t trained in sculptures\overlays)

The Gel Bottle only require you to prove you are professional by uploading a certificate that you have trained in beauty/nails.
If you create an account with them you can upload the certificate there and will automatically be able to buy all their products.

(Ps. In terms of insurance I would only use BIAB as a base coat and not sculpting if you aren’t trained in sculptures\overlays)

Thanks yes I have uploaded already, I only want to use as a base so i'm hoping insurance will let me.

Latest posts

Back